Author Topic: Back on the restoration/need lots of help  (Read 3568 times)

KFox

Back on the restoration/need lots of help
« on: August 19, 2007, 06:58:10 AM »
6 or 7 years ago, I was very active on the chat group and was starting to restore my '48 Kaiser that I inherited from my grandfather. Got side tracked with having 2 kids and my grandfather passed away. Kind of didn't want to mess with the car for a while. Now I'm getting back to it and I need alot of help. The body work and paint is done. I had to put a new exhaust manifold on because the old one was cracked. The car ran when I took it apart but was real rough because of the manifold. Anyway, first few questions:

Where can I find glass for the car? All glass is gone.

Can anyone reccomend a good chromer?

Any suggestions for seat/door panel material? As I recall, I looked everywhere and nothing close to original was available. All ready had try Lebaron Bonney.

By the way, I'm not neccesarily trying to make a perfect original, or even a show car. Just a nice looking driver that my family and I can enjoy.

Also, I will probably be looking for another car to use as a guide to put alot of things back together and maybe steal parts from.

Thanks,
Kory Fox
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 07:06:13 AM by KFox »

custom

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Back on the restoration/need lots of help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 03:20:33 PM »
Hi Kory, Try SMS Auto Fabrics 350 South Redwood St. Canby, Or 97013.  (503) 263-3535  - www.smsautofabrics.com -  They matched the material for my '48 Custom.   
'48 Kaiser Custom
'49 Kaiser Vagabond

custom

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:27:33 PM »
Kory, There is a glass company listed on ebay. Will custom cut your glass.  email: vintageautoglass@yahoo.com  (406)697-9543
'48 Kaiser Custom
'49 Kaiser Vagabond

okkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 08:41:54 PM »
fred walker in colorado has lots of glass, upholstery, and rechromed bumpers..  i found his prices on chrome to be cheaper than i could have them done in oklahoma.  fred has had every part i needed for my 51 kaiser.  here is the contact information.  call him he is very knowledgable about all aspects of kaiser. 

Walker's Auto-Pride Inc
13115 Log Rd, Peyton, CO 80831-8720, United States 

Phone: (719) 749-2668

SIC:Top, Body, and Upholstery Repair Shops and Paint Shops

Line of Business:Antique & Classic Automobile Restoration