Author Topic: Car show score!  (Read 1360 times)

Bish

• View Profile
    • Email
Car show score!
« on: September 15, 2013, 06:55:04 AM »
Went to the Bennington,VT car show, a 4 hour drive in my Wagonaire. Came away with both rear quarters and front fenders for my 47 Special NOS for $150. The sellers father had had them for as long as he could remember. Red primer is thin and they're surface rusted a bit. One front fender looks as if it was painted but never installed. Also scored some Autocraft vinyl bucket seat covers for my 73 Dodge van in the correct color for $20. These quarters will save me much work on the rear of the car.  This has restored some faith in the old swap meet in the internet sales age.

Bish
Rob Bishop

47 Special
56 2E12
59 4E2
63 Lark Daytona Wagonaire
63 8E28
65 Barracuda
80 Mirada

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Car show score!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:21:04 AM »
For many years, it was thought that rear quarters for 47-50 cars were unobtainium since none ever appeared at KF or swap meets. You found a pair and within the last 6 months I found 2 sets. I also stumbled across 2 sets of NOS front fenders as well. My 47 needs better fenders and quarters so hopefully we'll have 2 more early cars back on the road!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Car show score!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:54:38 AM »
They do show up at events...one of the Seaway Region vendors kept bringing a set for years!  I saw them at the Seaway Region events Barbara and I attended through 2012 when we moved up to the Buffalo NY area.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:41:38 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »