Author Topic: Widths of the seats for a '51 4-dr?  (Read 3001 times)

truckmen

• Looking for parts for this '51 Frazer 4-door
    • ICQ Messenger - 1220946
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - truckmen
    • View Profile
    • My personal home page
    • Email
Widths of the seats for a '51 4-dr?
« on: September 19, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
Hello all,

I am needing the dimensions and widest portion of the bench seats used in the '51 Frazer.
Anyone have those on hand?

My wife and I are in Houston and looking at some fabrics for re-upholstering these seats.

Which leads me to another question:
Approximately how many yards would do a complete re-upholster job? I might also include something for the door panels.

Does anyone have some photos of an interior that may help us? Our's is totally shot.

Alina and Ralph M Bohm

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Widths of the seats for a '51 4-dr?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
Are You looking for original material or something of proper weight in a color you like?  Original fabric is available.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
I have a set of NOS seats here and mine measure 63" wide by 12" high (at their highest point) and about 22" deep. My seats have the standard material on them...some of the Frazers used fancier material and stuffing so yours may be slightly larger. This should, however, give you some idea as to size.

I read somewhere that it takes around 9-10 yards of material to do the seats and doors. Hopefully someone else can verify that number.

truckmen

• View Profile
    • My personal home page
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:34 AM »
Are You looking for original material or something of proper weight in a color you like?  Original fabric is available.

Thank you for the reply.

My wife Alina, and I have an almost completely gutted interior with merely metal frames remaining for the seats so, we are thinking of something "home-spun" and will probably do something a little custom with matching door panels as they too are almost completely gone.  We have some nice colors and patterns in mind but I think it would be great to see what the originals may have looked like. Are you referring to SMS for sources of original material?

Ralph
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:20:57 AM by truckmen »

truckmen

• View Profile
    • My personal home page
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 02:15:37 AM »

Thank you for the reply.

My wife Alina, and I have an almost completely gutted interior with merely metal frames remaining for the seats so, we are thinking of something "home-spun" and will probably do something a little custom with matching door panels as they too are almost completely gone.  We have some nice colors and patterns in mind but I think it would be great to see what the originals may have looked like.

Ralph

truckmen

• View Profile
    • My personal home page
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:18:34 AM »
I have a set of NOS seats here and mine measure 63" wide by 12" high (at their highest point) and about 22" deep. My seats have the standard material on them...some of the Frazers used fancier material and stuffing so yours may be slightly larger. This should, however, give you some idea as to size.

I read somewhere that it takes around 9-10 yards of material to do the seats and doors. Hopefully someone else can verify that number.

Hi Joe!

Thank you for the additional information.

We have obtained some very nice vinyl and are thinking of sewing in some cloth inserts where the seating would be. These dimensions you've provided will most certainly help us in our plans.

Ralph