Author Topic: Monthly President's Message  (Read 54889 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Monthly President's Message
« on: December 29, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
I'm starting a new thread for a monthly president's message. Your comments are always welcome!

For January 2014:
With 2014 just around the corner, my focus as president will be to deliver more for your membership dollar. One enhancement I know you've seen is our website's new look. In addition, we're planning to add more content for club members, as well as more information for those who are not. I know you'll like what's coming!

I am also looking at how we deliver information to our members. The monthly news bulletin will continue in its paper and electronic formats, but I'd like to see more input from our members. Our editor cannot do the job alone!

When I assumed the office of president, one of my visions was to bring the KFOCI forward into the 21st century, while still serving its members. That's why I'm asking for your help to ensure the continued success of the club. Drive your car to shows, keep a copy of the bulletin in your car, and tell folks about the club when they inquire about the cars that were "Built to Better the Best". If you do that, I'll work hard on my end to let folks know we're here!

Have a safe and happy new year from the officers of the KFOCI!

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Monthly President's Message
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »
Jim a positive move has to benefit all of us I don't envy you and the task you have assumed it is like herding cats  (good thing to try to do but almost impossible) good luck

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 12:01:41 AM »
My February message is about new ideas. Our secretary is considering a new page to be included in the bulletin that will feature a club member. It will include a short bio about the person and if they own a KF product, it as well. The page will also include new and returning member information, as well as some trivia about the club and its members. If you think this is a good idea, please email our club secretary and bulletin editor and encourage both to run the page.

The bulletin was meant to talk about not only the cars but the folks who own them. What better way...aside from attending a meet...to get to know someone than to read about them in the bulletin!

Jim

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:34 PM »
Well, it's almost March and there's still snow on the ground here in northern Ohio. In fact, there doesn't seem to be an end to winter in the short term so it will be a while yet until my Kaisers see the light of day. But that doesn't mean those in warmer climates can't get their cars on the road. My president's message in the March news bulletin talks about being ambassadors for the club...and a great way to do that is to drive your K-F automobile and talk about the club and all it has to offer. My goal as president is to see a year over year increase in membership numbers and so far, we are up in numbers. I hope to see that trend continue!

Also, every year, just ahead of the national convention, the president publishes a list of proposed changes to the club's constitution and by-laws. In the April and May bulletins, I will be doing just that. And, speaking of change, I have several in the works that I will detail in the coming months. But, for now, I'll keep them close to the vest.

For those in warmer climates...think warm thoughts and send them this way...we need to melt some of this snow!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
I'm a bit tardy getting to my April message...sort of like spring arriving here in Ohio! I caught up with our national meet host last week and things are progressing nicely for this year's convention. He'd like to see a few more registrations roll in so here's my plug, if you haven't yet registered do it today! If you've never attended a KF national meet, they're always alot of fun. The meet hosts go out of their way to plan interesting activities and our accommodations are always first rate. And, there are always lots of Kaisers to look at as well as parts for sale. So, plan now to attend.

As I write this, I'm getting ready to take a long weekend to visit with several KF members in the Indiana and Michigan area. I need the break from the office so it'll be nice to get away for a few days to kick a few tires.

Until next month...happy Kaisering!

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 06:57:03 PM »
Sent my entry yesterday. See everyone there it will be fun, they always are.
Signed up for everything.
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang
1959 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite
2002 Limited Edition Camaro

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »
We have marked off a special spot in the parking lot for your Darrins!!
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 05:34:09 PM »
Thanks Jim
 I hope people like to see them not sure how many Kaiser people like to see Darrin's modified, they do like them at all the other shows. I try to do them justice.
Not sure how many Darrin's I am bringing may be I will try to bring all three, If I can figure a way to get three in my trailer, that might be pushing it but I have been known to push things.
Carol & I do like the conventions,  it will be nice to get up to that part of the country again, We were at the  Salem  convention, didn't have a car ready then.
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang
1959 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite
2002 Limited Edition Camaro

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »
I saw you red modified Darrin at the Texas meet several years ago--loved it!  Keep them coming.

Dragon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 06:44:35 AM »
Do you have a special spot in the parking lot for the 51s?
KFOCI since 1968
1954 Kaiser Manhattan
1953 Dragon
1951 Dragon
1951 Business Coupe
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1936 International Tow Truck

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
We have special spots for all the Classes!
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Dragon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »
I was just kidding about the special spots , Jim.  I am sure it will be nice and I am looking forward to being there.
KFOCI since 1968
1954 Kaiser Manhattan
1953 Dragon
1951 Dragon
1951 Business Coupe
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1936 International Tow Truck

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
For May 2014

As spring finally arrives (I hope!) I'm starting work on my 50K Traveler. It's been stored at a friend's place for over a year but started right up and runs great. I plan to go through the brakes...stopping on the way home was an adventure...and I'll change the oil as well. Time to get our cars ready for the road!

I know I've mentioned it many times, but if you have any thoughts of attending the national convention and have yet to register, please do it now. Our hosts need firm numbers for things like the tours, meals, and rooms so do them a big favor and get your registration in today's mail.

Speaking of meets, in between my daughters college graduation this month I plan to attend the Midwest Willys Reunion here in Ohio. Every year, the group meets in the eastern half of the midwestern states in the spring, and in the fall they like to gather in Jefferson City, Missouri. This year, the spring show is just a few minutes from my house which will give me the chance to sneak away in between graduation functions. While the show is all about Willys and Kaiser built Jeeps, they do see a few AMC and Chrysler built units attend as well. It's a great show because the focus is on the 1946-62 stuff and it includes a large flea market where I always find a KF part or two. Last year, about 120 Jeeps attended at least one day of the three day event. I'm  looking forward to a few hours at the show as my primer for the convention a few weeks beyond that.

And, as Memorial Day approaches, please take a few minutes to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Jim

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:46:19 PM by joefrazer »

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 07:10:59 PM »
My June message is all about club meets. In a few days, I'll be leaving for the national convention in Puyallup and I am looking forward to having a great time. Our meet hosts have put together a full schedule of activities that I'm sure will please everyone.

If you cannnot attend, check out the Grand Schedule in the monthly news bulletin as there's bound to be a club meet somewhere near you. If you've never attended a KF club meet, you don't know what you're missing! I'm a member of a few other car clubs and none compare to the KFOCI.

I've also heard thru the grapevine that the Seaway meet, previously hosted by the late Ken and Blanche Mericle, will be held this October. One thing about the KFOCI, some traditions live on and this is one of them.

Speaking of traditions, at every national meet come Friday morning, Blanche Mericle always held a farewell champagne toast outside by the judges platform. In her memory, we will be holding a final farewell toast.

For those attending the national meet, we'll see you soon!

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 09:26:30 PM »
Here's the last time I was able to toast with Blanche - Sweetwater 2012. Bill Tilden (also will be missed this year), Steve Carey, Randy Rutherford, Mike Knittel, Charlotte Dayton and Blanche.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:07:42 PM by Aeroman »
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.