Author Topic: Blanche Mericle  (Read 2290 times)

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Blanche Mericle
« on: January 04, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »
We just received a call from Keith that Blanche Mericle passed away quietly last night, Jan 3.

More details to follow as they are known.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Blanche Mericle
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:39:13 PM »
Very classy lady, sad news. 
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
I spoke today to one of Blanche's close friends and he has confirmed that Blanche Mericle, age 96, passed away yesterday, Friday, January 2, 2014 while being treated for respiratory issues. Services for Blanche are scheduled for Tuesday in Belleville, MI at the David C Brown Funeral Home. No graveside services are planned at this time owing to the forcasted inclement weather.

Personally, I am saddened to learn of her passing. In 1964, she and her husband Ken started the Seaway Region and for nearly the next 50 years, they, and after Ken passed away she, ran the Seaway meets. I recall as a lad riding in our 54K to the shows with my father and while the number of people and cars attending had fallen off in later years, her enthusiam for the club did not.

She will be missed.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
Blanche has to be one of the longest mainstays of the club/hobby. I had a long conversation with Keith last year at Sublette. Seems he took good care of her. Sorry to hear this news.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
I was very glad to spend some quality time with Blanche at Sweetwater. We looked at some old pics that she brought: meet pics and pics of Ken and Loralee. We talked a lot about Loralee and Ken and the early days of the club. I did get to spend some time with her at Shipshewanna, too. She had broken a tooth but wasn't all that concerned about it. A truly amazing woman who was just as sharp as she was when I first met her at Nashville (of course I already knew who she was before that - didn't everybody?).
The next time you have a glass of champagne in your hand, be sure to toast our beloved Blanche Mericle!
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 09:19:15 AM »
Blanche was a good friend of four generations of our family, my Dad and Mom, myself, my Sons and Daughters, and four of my Grand Daughters.
She will be missed by KFOCI, she had great enthusiasm for our marque and the Seaway region.
Our condolences and prayers go out.
Don Holt # 1913
1951 Henry J Deluxe