Author Topic: My 55 Willys Custom needs some replacement parts.  (Read 1669 times)

Keith

• View Profile
My 55 Willys Custom needs some replacement parts.
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:27:06 PM »
I am a new member.  My 55 Willys Custom 2 door had been in my barn for over 30 years.  I started working on it last year and it is running pretty good.  I need to rebuild the front suspension and am looking for parts for the lower central arm trunnion.  There is a lot of play in the front end now.  The idler arm bushing is worn out and needs rebuilt.  Also, I need 1 tail light lens and 1 back-up  lens.

Any help getting parts or guidance would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:26:04 PM by Keith »

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My 55 Willys Custom needs some replacement parts.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
Great looking car!  There are now two examples of the 2-door around that I have actually seen.  The other is a two-tone in Wisconsin that was at the 2010 KFOCI Fall Midwest Division meet.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 09:14:58 PM »
Wow, indeed! Tom Null in Los Angeles also has a 2-door, making 3 in existence. I also know of one more that was scrapped in the 1970's, but details survive in the registry, as well as pics.
The trunnions were the larger trunnions for the 226-engined cars. Check the bolts over carefully, they have a tendency to gully and give way, possibly losing a wheel. Happened to me a few years ago with Old Toby. The trunnions are somewhat easy to find but the bolts are nearly unobtainium. Duane Hayes may have them both, also try Bruce Wadlin at Obsolete & 4 Wheel Drive in Bradenton, FL.
Nice car. Interesting that it is not two-toned. Could you send me the paint codes and all the other codes? Click on the link in my "signature" for other interesting info about Aeros as well as registration.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:59:25 AM »
Nice car !! Would love to see a few more pics. Where are you? I have a 54 2dr in the UP of Michigan.
1968 Buick Skylark Convertible
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »
There was another 55 2dr in PA. I looked at purchasing the car several years ago but couldn't come to terms with the seller. It was 2 toned...red and white. It since sold and I think went to eastern PA.