Author Topic: Oil filter assmbly 47 Manhattan  (Read 2790 times)

Mac_Frazer

• Retired, Time to enjoy the Hobby. #10315
    • View Profile
    • Email
Oil filter assmbly 47 Manhattan
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:31:23 PM »
Can someone take a photo of how their oil filter system is mounted!
I'm pretty sure it mounts on the left side of motor, opposite carburetor.
I'd like to see where the two tubes plug into the block at. Both upper and
lower tubes.  Thanks
Steve McKee
47 Frazer Manhattan, only project now!!😉

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Oil filter assmbly 47 Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:41:24 PM »
Here you go. One thing to note...since the lines have flare fittings, you cannot just attach them to the block, you'll need adapters. If you have a canister, take it to your local NAPA dealer and tell them you need flare fitting lines and adapters to connect to the block. If you have a filter canister that looks like mine (may be a different color), the tapped holes in the filter are the same size as those in the block. This will help you get the right block fittings. You'll end up with 2 lines and 4 fittings.

Hope this helps!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:30 PM »
There are more illustrations in the factory Shop Manual.  Anyone working on K-F products should have the one for their vehicle.

Mac_Frazer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
There are more illustrations in the factory Shop Manual.  Anyone working on K-F products should have the one for their vehicle.

Jack, actually I have both service and shop manuals. But it does not show where the lines connect to the block.
Steve McKee

Mac_Frazer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »
Here you go. One thing to note...since the lines have flare fittings, you cannot just attach them to the block, you'll need adapters. If you have a canister, take it to your local NAPA dealer and tell them you need flare fitting lines and adapters to connect to the block. If you have a filter canister that looks like mine (may be a different color), the tapped holes in the filter are the same size as those in the block. This will help you get the right block fittings. You'll end up with 2 lines and 4 fittings.

Hope this helps!
[/quote

Jim, it does, thank you, I will have to get the fittings for the block, I have a new oil filter system, as they never reinstalled it back on the motor.
Steve McKee

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 07:05:05 AM »
I never noticed it...the left side profile photos of Kaiser & Frazer engines on page 1 in the Green/black cover Shop Manual (issued in 1948) shows the lines coming off the oil filter to points on the block; the Blue cover book does not have these photos.

I am Club Historian, not Club Master Mechanic.

Mac_Frazer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »
I never noticed it...the left side profile photos of Kaiser & Frazer engines on page 1 in the Green/black cover Shop Manual (issued in 1948) shows the lines coming off the oil filter to points on the block; the Blue cover book does not have these photos.

I am Club Historian, not Club Master Mechanic.

LOL..... its all good. its coming together. Now if I can find a good deal on tires, latest quote, $1200 mounted an balanced. BF Goodrich 2.75 wide white wall radials.  Its probably a good deal, just a little sticker shock....

Would there be any benefit in getting the 48 manual, as an alternate for my 47. Sounds like there close and some more detail.
Their close enough in years, maybe some useable data as well.
Steve McKee

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 05:22:51 PM »
The 47 owners manual differs slightly from the 48 but if you're after information about keeping the car on the road, the shop manual is a much better bet. There's a 47-48 version and one that runs up thru 1949. Either will suit your needs.