Author Topic: Dixie Region Spring Meet  (Read 805 times)

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Dixie Region Spring Meet
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »
Frank Pudysz and I are planning a KFOCI Dixie Region meet in Canton, GA the weekend of May 16-18, 2014. He and I got together last week to scout out a tour, motel and eating places. Nothing is completely nailed down yet but I can offer the following details:

Friday, May 16, 2014 - early evening socialization/******tail (some built in censor won't let me write out the other word for "drinks") hour (or two) somewhere near Canton GA.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 - after breakfast, we'll leave on a driving tour that will include at least one photo opportunity and visits to suburban and rural areas (no urban driving). The tour should take about 3 hours to complete, including stops, and will cover about 40-50 miles.
Either after or during the tour, we'll stop for lunch (this will replace our traditional evening "banquet") at as yet undecided restaurant.
We'll then gather up for a short caravan to the Po'Boys Cruise-In at Riverstone in Canton. This Cruise-In usually attracts 700 or more cars. We've arranged to have a section of the display area reserved for just independent/orphan vehicles. We've invited the Studebaker, Hudson, Packard, Nash and Metropolitan Clubs to join us. We are arranging for people's choice type awards. We'll arrive at the Cruise-In around 3 o'clock and festivities continue until about 7PM. They'll have a DJ there and there are several restaurants in walking distance from there.
The Orphan clubs are welcome to join us on the caravan as well.
After the Cruise-In, we're on our own, probably back to the meet hotel for more tire-kicking and lie-swapping, although we may plan something else to be announced.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - nothing organized yet, but perhaps we'll have breakfast together somewhere.

For info, contact:

Frank Pudysz - 678-350-1997 pudysz@bellsouth.net

Rick Kamen - 404-314-8910 aeroman@aol.com

Please let everyone know about our meet. Thanx.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:40:18 AM by Aeroman »
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dixie Region Spring Meet
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 06:59:08 PM »
I'm in Fitzgerald, GA and would like to attend. Hopefully my Kaiser will be ready by then.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan