Author Topic: Engine compartment stickers  (Read 1180 times)

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
Engine compartment stickers
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »
I'm getting ready to carry out my 51 DeLuxe engine and trunk compartments detailing.

I read about the required paint colors within the engine compt. on other topics of the Kaiser Forum but i was wondering about the stickers. Was there any stickers in the engine compt. for that car model/year originally? Location ?

Also, i have the jack and wheel nut wrench loose in the trunk, how were they stored in the trunk originally? Any stickers required in that trunk ?

I saw stickers listed on the manufactory fund parts list, relevant to my car?

Like usual, thanks for your help guys !

Bernie

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Engine compartment stickers
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »
In 1951, KF used a decal on the air cleaner which is available from our manufacturing fund. The decal was usually placed on the top, facing either towards the front or facing the passenger side. I've seen originals both ways.

Oil filters were optional items in 1951 but if your car has one, then there are decals available for it as well. They do differ between Fram and Purolator brand units but again, both are available.

Another option was a windshield washer unit. Cars so equipped would have used a Trico branded unit and we do stock a decal for the retainer basket.

The jack in 1951 would have laid loose in the trunk. They were painted a semi gloss black (the shaft is natural color) and there are no decals on them.

I'm sure other readers will respond with pictures of the decals and their placement.

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »
 :) Thanks again JoeFrazer,

My car does not have the windshield washer option and have a Chryco oil filter (blue) so i guess i only need the air cleaner decal then.

I will surely welcome pictures from other owners, as a reference.
That's something i don't really know how to, pictures posting on this forum.

Should be easy to get a decal shipped to my Canadian address, Cool !
 ;)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »
Oil filters were STANDARD equipment or were part of the Accessory Group depending on series for 1951.  The original type filter--the 1/2--is a canister that is sealed and oil lines attach.  However, If you check the 1951 Kaiser information in KFOCI HANDBOOK you will find a copy of the memo from the factory to dealers suggesting dealers sell 1951 Kaiser buyers the replacement element oil filter kit (with part number) rather than continuing to replace the 1/2.  The type 1/2 went out of production close to 30 years ago and those still to be found are pricy (between $50-100 sometimes more).  The replacement element filter uses either the P-70FF if it is the Purolator type or C-3 if it is the Fram version.  Information suggests that either type was offered under the same part number.

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
My Chryco is a NOS 1/2 type found on ebay for $30.
I'm doing below 500 miles a year so it should be good for a while.
With that low milage per year, i don't feel the need to upgrade to 12v, electronic ignition ect... i just maintain as original.
It was doing the job back then, still does during the summer today !

Cheers !  8)

checker

• JE SUIS PRET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 06:08:49 PM »
 Just received an air filter bowl decal by mail today from Mr. Mark Steele from AZ.

Thank you very much !

Great Club, friendly and helpful members !  :)

Bernie