Author Topic: Darrin parts interchange and wire wheel covers  (Read 1644 times)

OldCars88

• View Profile
    • Email
Darrin parts interchange and wire wheel covers
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:01:33 PM »
I recently joined the KFOCI. After 51 years of watching and waiting for the chance, I was offered an original Darrin #240 from my late friend Raymond LaBar, prior to his passing. Can anyone help with interchange parts numbers and/or reputable suppliers to help me get it back on the road. It was last driven in 1961. I need advice on how to fix loose spokes in the wheel covers. Some have come out. Epoxy? Any help is very much appreciated. Glenn Seymour  glennlseymour@gmail.com

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Darrin parts interchange and wire wheel covers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
There is an active group of Darrin owners within the KFOCI who have worked out their own interchange information along with sources for various items.

Generally you will first need the Kaiser-Darrin Illustrated Parts List to identify all the part numbers.  KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 5.0 (a perk that members get) not only has interchange info covering the change-over from Kaiser-Frazer series part numbers to Willys Motors parts numbers as well as the "big board" that chronicles all the running changes made to the cars (and there were a lot of them) during production.  This version of the Handbook also has all the servicing information (including how to repair fiberglass) that the factory put out.  There is no regular service manual, just the various Service bulletins under Kaiser-Frazer or Kaiser-Willys sequences.