Author Topic: Old Kaiser dealer items from a closed dealer.  (Read 5345 times)

rlahammer

• View Profile
Old Kaiser dealer items from a closed dealer.
« on: March 08, 2014, 11:09:38 PM »
Hello Kaiser Frazer enthusiasts.

As I think some of you know I have been actively attempting to find a lot of old Kaiser material so I can show it with my 1953 dragon I am working on (now have three…it is a sickness).
In my efforts to find old Kaiser material I stumbled on a VERY large lot of uncirculated Kaiser dealer information. This was a closed dealership that closed and had put all is Kaiser material in a box until last week when I purchased it. the dealership was  called De Cola Motor Sales in Newark and Circleville Ohio,

Lots of really cool items.
Of course many bulletins,
Quite a few various colorful brochures for various Kaiser (and non Kaiser) products.  Radios, options, merchandising, super cool Kaiser COMPARAGRAPH brochure, break in speed, instruction for air con and other options, org chart, blank car order forms, contests….. like a color ad for a Kaiser patch for your bowling team!
Lots of confidential pricing info
List of cars and owners from that dealership (so if your car was purchased from  De Cola I may have info)
Lot of Kaiser info on how to run a dealership/sales
Homemade postcard of Henry J
Replaced parts Tags NOS
Lots of owners service policy NOS
Various other Kaiser items and lot of dealer info.

If your car is from 1950 or before and from that dealership I may have some info on your car and of course willing to give/trade for any help in my quest for all the Kaiser accessory items  :)
Thanks for Larry B. for a nice visit this week and allowing me to buy up some of his Kaiser “stuff”.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: Old Kaiser dealer items from a closed dealer.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:03:30 AM »
Very Cool Find.  Catalog it and Share IT!!
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:32:24 AM »
Very cool
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
I could use legible copies of the following to help plug gaps and add to the next release of KFOCI HANDBOOK

1.  Any Confidential Bulletins specifically covering equipment, pricing, etc on the 1949 Kaiser or Frazer convertibles.
2.  Any Confidential Bulletins or dealer ordering information from April 1949 to April 1950 listing color and trim (with the code numbers) combinations available on Kaiser and Frazer cars other than #'s 16, 18 & 19.  My numbers are from the documents released TO ALL DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS...other number sequences were assigned to ALL DEALERS (those not going through a distributor at the time) or ALL DISTRIBUTORS (only the distributors). 
3.  The log of cars sold retail by the dealership; it should list serial number, model, date of sale and perhaps last name of customer.

I can trade good copies of things I have that may be of interest to you.  A full list of your stuff gets a full list of factory documents I have.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »
I brought online the list of Advance Information and Confidential Bulletins I have. 
Does anyone have more of these to add to the list or trade. 
I do have duplicate originals of many these.
http://circlekf.com/kflit/kfsourcebulletinresults.php?pub=KF&typ=AB&nbrf=1&nbrt=100&Submit=Search
I have not scanned these Bulletins YET for you but will ... after the Puyallup National.
Confidential Bulletins  (Dealer)- Lots of holes in this list - NO SCANS YET
http://circlekf.com/kflit/kfsourcebulletinresults.php?pub=KF&typ=CB&nbrf=1&nbrt=100&Submit=Search
Confidential Bulletins (Dealer and Distributor Version) - Lots of Holes in this list also - NO SCANS YET
http://circlekf.com/kflit/kfsourcebulletinresults.php?pub=KF&typ=CD&nbrf=1&nbrt=100&Submit=Search
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:36:41 PM by pnw_oldmags »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 04:27:46 PM »
I could use legible copies of the following to help plug gaps and add to the next release of KFOCI HANDBOOK

1.  Any Confidential Bulletins specifically covering equipment, pricing, etc on the 1949 Kaiser or Frazer convertibles.
2.  Any Confidential Bulletins or dealer ordering information from April 1949 to April 1950 listing color and trim (with the code numbers) combinations available on Kaiser and Frazer cars other than #'s 16, 18 & 19.  My numbers are from the documents released TO ALL DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS...other number sequences were assigned to ALL DEALERS (those not going through a distributor at the time) or ALL DISTRIBUTORS (only the distributors). 
3.  The log of cars sold retail by the dealership; it should list serial number, model, date of sale and perhaps last name of customer.

I can trade good copies of things I have that may be of interest to you.  A full list of your stuff gets a full list of factory documents I have.

Confidential Bulletins are a challenge to keep in order.  Some are to Frazer dealers only and some to Kaiser dealers only and then there are preliminary Confidential Bulletins plus bulletins sent to individual districts and the numbering systems are not necessarily  chronological.  Also some do not have numbers, just dates and some are not addressed to anyone in particular.  I have a #2 from Graham Paige to Frazer AUTOMOTIVE dealers regarding the price increase on accessory trim rings dated 11/27/46 and another #2 dated 8/4/47 addressed to no one regarding revised paint and trim codes for 1947 Frazer's.  I don't have all of them and my stack goes from #1 intermittently to #96 regarding Henry J accessory groups dated 7/10/53.  They surely went beyond that number.  Does anyone have a full set?
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
Hello Kaiser Frazer enthusiasts.

As I think some of you know I have been actively attempting to find a lot of old Kaiser material so I can show it with my 1953 dragon I am working on (now have three…it is a sickness).
In my efforts to find old Kaiser material I stumbled on a VERY large lot of uncirculated Kaiser dealer information. This was a closed dealership that closed and had put all is Kaiser material in a box until last week when I purchased it. the dealership was  called De Cola Motor Sales in Newark and Circleville Ohio,

Lots of really cool items.
Of course many bulletins,
Quite a few various colorful brochures for various Kaiser (and non Kaiser) products.  Radios, options, merchandising, super cool Kaiser COMPARAGRAPH

brochure, break in speed, instruction for air con and other options, org chart, blank car order forms, contests….. like a color ad for a Kaiser patch for your bowling team!
Lots of confidential pricing info
List of cars and owners from that dealership (so if your car was purchased from  De Cola I may have info)
Lot of Kaiser info on how to run a dealership/sales
Homemade postcard of Henry J
Replaced parts Tags NOS
Lots of owners service policy NOS
Various other Kaiser items and lot of dealer info.

If your car is from 1950 or before and from that dealership I may have some info on your car and of course willing to give/trade for any help in my quest for all the Kaiser accessory items  :)
Thanks for Larry B. for a nice visit this week and allowing me to buy up some of his Kaiser “stuff”.

Someone else must have gotten some of that material too.  I recently bought four postcards on line made by the dealer of 1951 Henry Js, Frazer hard top and Kaiser Dlx. sedan.  Were there more than that four cards in the material that you got?
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

rlahammer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:01:09 PM »
I am not sure as i think the seller sold some stuff as he came across it over the years. My guess is he has been selling when he gets a chance and this is the last of it. Really sure the stuff was not looked at or picked as some pretty great paper items in the collection.

In the lot I purchased it has quite a few (I have offered them for free to all J owners) of ONE postcard but not the other three.

Fun stuff.

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »
Thanks, there were two Henry J cards and they are nice.  I'm sure who ever you gave them to will really appreciate them and like the real cars they are 64 years old this year.
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

rlahammer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 07:02:14 PM »
believe me I plan on doing a list just put in a 15 hour day and just not had time. It is a lot of stuff!!!!
have already given you the bulletins and a few others but need to take time to do the rest.
sorry if i am not fast enough but life gets in the way.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »
 I know the feeling all too well these days.  I will wait until you can get a list together and see where things go from there. 

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 09:34:34 PM »
I'm sure who ever you gave them to will really appreciate them and like the real cars they are 64 years old this year.

I appreciate mine Gordie. And thanks again Rob
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 11:28:53 AM »
I am interested in any dealer Banners, If you happen to have any. How are your dragons coming along?
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »
I'm sure who ever you gave them to will really appreciate them

I sure do! Thank you very much, Robert!
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com