Author Topic: Edgar Kaiser and 1951 Henry J  (Read 2270 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Edgar Kaiser and 1951 Henry J
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »
I recently acquired the remaining personal property belonging to Edgar F. Kaiser that was related to Kaiser-Frazer. In the mix was this picture of Edgar and a 51 HJ that I thought was way too cool not to share. Also attached is group shot of the 2012 Midwest Meet attendees. We stood on the same spot.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Edgar Kaiser and 1951 Henry J
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »
That is cool.  Thanks!
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:33:12 PM »
Note the two little guys sitting on the steps. They're two of our newest...and youngest...members of the KFOCI and the future of this club. It's good to see kids involved in the club again, for a while we were devoid of younger folks at meets!

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 12:59:10 AM »
My youngest Jason (7), can stand at a car show and tell you everything you need to know about our Kaiser or Henry J.   As he answers questions or talks about them over and over, people look at me for approval of what he is saying.  Jason reads the posts that I think will interest him on this forum.  I just shared with him the picture of Edgar in front of the Building, and his response is "Now dad, That is really cool"

The attached picture shows you the next generation that is passionate just as much as we are about the cars.  Jason had a share project in 2nd grade, and had to talk about a famous American.  He picked Henry Kaiser. 
Not just my kids, but there are other kids out there that are interested in the cars, and surprisingly, they like them in the classic original like new condition.

Jason walked up to a guy with a Henry J Dragster at a car show, and started talking to him about the Dragster.  During the conversation, Jason told him he likes the original cars best.  The man apologized for making the Henry J the way it was.  Jason told him, "Its your car, do what you want to enjoy it.  Besides, you only increase the value of my Daddy's car and you take off parts that help keep ours on the road."

If a kid shows interest in your K-F product, jump on the opportunity and let him sit in the seat, or better yet, take him or her for a ride!  They will always remember it, and maybe one day, own a Kaiser Frazer product of their own.

Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 06:39:09 AM »
Now THERE'S a cool picture! Jason, you rock!

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 09:52:21 AM »
Four of my granddaughters asked me to make them a calendar of the car shows we could take my Henry J to.
The oldest one is in the 2nd grade.
Their picture was in the bulletin a few months ago. They were the 4th generation of Seaway members, they love Grandpa's Henry J, and they wear their J tee shirts to all the car shows.
1951 Henry J Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 10:24:07 AM »
Dave, Jason sounds just like me when I was that age!  I don't know if that's good or bad. Hopefully we'll meet up someday.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:41:32 AM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
Dave,
Are you bringing Jason to the National? 
We could have him put on a Training Seminar about how he got interested in Kaisers
Jim
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com