Author Topic: Frazer Electrical ID......  (Read 1773 times)

Mac_Frazer

• Retired, Time to enjoy the Hobby. #10315
    • View Profile
    • Email
Frazer Electrical ID......
« on: March 23, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »
Man!!!, went on the site to see what's new, and its been a week since anything in the Frazer Forum has been posted.
Well, my hopes were dashed for getting the Frazer in our St Paddy's day parade, but now I'm shooting for the Calhan
Remembrance day which is the 1st Sat in May. Hosted by our local VFW. Calhan is outside of Colorado Springs, and is a
town of about 7-800 people. So its a nice little parade, maybe 25-30 entries. and 6miles from my house. So the reason
for failure to make St Paddy's day is my tires, even though they look great, their about 20+ years old. and have that shiny
look to them. But the $1200 price tag for ordering, mounting and balancing is something that Tax refunds get saved for. So
have to wait and find out the bad/good news from our Tax person.

So while i'm running the mouth, I took a picture a unique fuse that is mounted on my firewall in front of what I think is the Horn relay.
Its a spring loaded holder, (press down, 1/4 turn) releases it. But it has no protection on it. (i.e. plastic cap, etc.) So wanting to know
from you experienced owners if this is normal. And the other part is what is it for? I can't seem to find it on the schematic.  I've
enclosed a picture for you to look at. 
The 3rd pic/piece goes under the Arm Rest as a stiffener/support bracket for the screw going into the door, what they did on the restore is not acceptable, going to have to pull the panels to fix. They used nut/bolts and came through the outside in. So need to pull door panels to remove, and hopefully the holes aren't stripped out. But I need these pieces to finish. I need two for the front, and if anyone can look at their back seat and confirm, I would need 4 back there.

Have a nice day, and lets generate some discussions.....

Steve

Steve McKee
47 Frazer Manhattan, only project now!!😉

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Frazer Electrical ID......
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
It's the Overdrive Relay and the fuse cuts out the system in case there is a short in the post-relay wiring.  The later design has the fuse horizontal rather than vertical if memory serves me correctly.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:59:27 AM »
Just some further info. Because overdrive was considered an option, it is not on the normal wiring diagrams in the shop manual. It has its own diagram. It's found on page 318 in the 1947-49 KF shop manual. Looks like this

1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Mac_Frazer

• Retired, Time to enjoy the Hobby. #10315
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
Thanks, appreciate the picture. I was looking on the baseline schematic....
Steve McKee
47 Frazer Manhattan, only project now!!😉