Author Topic: Fuel Pump  (Read 3315 times)

glen

• View Profile
    • Email
Fuel Pump
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »
Hi,
Thanks to all for the info on the starting problem. That`s cured but now it appears that I need a fuel pump.
I believe that my '53 Dragon requires a single pump type.
I can`t locate an exact match for a Carter #M2050S or an AC #9549 (are these correct part #`s) in my area (Toronto, Canada).
Any ideas where I can buy a new or rebuilt one or a company that rebuilds them or an alternative model that will fit ?
Thanks,
glenn

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:34 PM »
Then and Now automotive will rebuild most pumps. Here's their website -
http://www.maritimedragracing.com/then_and_now_automotive.htm

I used one of their kits to rebuild an old Carter I had off  Henry J. Had the pump here for 25+ years and didn't know what to do with it. Put one of their kits in it, put it on my car and it works great.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

54 Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »
    Hi,
    Thanks to all for the info on the starting problem. That`s cured but now it appears that I need a fuel pump.
    I believe that my '53 Dragon requires a single pump type.
    I can`t locate an exact match for a Carter #M2050S or an AC #9549 (are these correct part #`s) in my area (Toronto, Canada).
    Any ideas where I can buy a new or rebuilt one or a company that rebuilds them or an alternative model that will fit ?
    Thanks,
    glenn
    I'd love to see your Dragon sometime, Glen.

Do you already HAVE a pump that doesn't work or do you need a complete pump as a replacement?

Reason: I've got a '54 Manhattan and the pump is plugged off because it's been replaced with an electric mounted on the frame back near the tank. It may become available when I can find a billet or chrome cover for the block to let me remove it. And, I'm just north of Pickering and in Toronto daily. The downside is, it probably needs to be rebuilt. (Car HAD a supercharger but I don't think this is the original supercharger pump.)

• Kanter has pumps for the '53. $90.60 US plus shipping and there's a $29 core charge.
    • Fid already mentioned then and now.

• And.... just looked... Terry Zeug has a few AC-9549's - New Old Stock - $70 plus shipping. (Which I'll bet with Terry would be less than $10-12 to Toronto.)  Drop him a line at zeugskfparts@roadrunner.com and tell him Rick from Uxbridge sent you.

(He'll add 50% to the price but tell him anyway.)    

glen

• View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 04:14:43 PM »
    Hi Rick,
    Thanks for the info.
    I finally got the fuel pump removed and I`m having it rebuilt in Milton, On.
    Obviously I didn`t get to drive it much this summer but that allowed me to spend more time cruising in my '51 Deluxe.
    Now 5 mths. of hibernation until the next drive.
    glenn

Kenn Evans II

• MSN Messenger - winslowcemeteries@gmail.com
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 03:05:21 AM »
    There is a nos on ebay yesterday for the 226

Family of 1952 Kaiser Manhattan 1952 Kaiser Deluxe 1949 Kaiser Traveler 1961 Falcon Ranchero 1963 Galaxie 500 XL Conv. 1964 Cadillac Sovereign Landaulet combination ambulance hearse , 1970 Ford Truck F100 1972 Chevelle SS Conv.  1979 Chevrolet C100 KF Member # 10252

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
      • AOL Instant Messenger - none
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 07:57:06 AM »
    'cuse me, but is "Glen" the same "Glen" with the 1947 Frazer Manhattan that has a "2" in the DR heading of the car's firewall body tag?

Jack Mueller
    Club Historian
    &
    Resident Quality Engineer-Nemak
    at Ford Motor Company Cleveland Engine Plant #2-Brookpark Ohio

glen

• View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »
    Hello,
    I`m not the owner that you are looking for.
    glenn