Author Topic: Kaiser Darrin Jr.  (Read 544 times)

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser Darrin Jr.
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:00:33 PM »
These two pictures came out of the 1972 Kaiser Frazer Quarterly highlighting the Nationals at Disneyland, CA, June 22nd - Jkune 30th.  For the last year and a half, I have been trying to track down the specifications for that Vinyl and Wood Kaiser Darrin Jr. that I have in the third picture.   These cars came with a decal on the back which read:  Kaiser Darrin Jr.   Mine has the vinyl raised on the truck from the glue of the decal.

I tracked down Geon Rigid Vinyl to do research at the U of Akron prior to attending this years National.  I found some ads, the fourth picture and that sparked Jim Lape to suggest MFG (Molded Fiber Glass), a company formed in 1953 and still in business today.   After tracking down the Company, Kurt Fink, Director of Media, wrote back that there is no evidence that they had anything to do with the molding of this car.

So now I ask the membership, I am trying to track down Luis Salvaretti's family to see if his car is still in existence.    I am also looking for the specifications on this vehicle as well.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)