Author Topic: Selling my father's 1951 Kaiser "South Seas" Edition  (Read 1957 times)

Dave43

• View Profile
    • Email
Selling my father's 1951 Kaiser "South Seas" Edition
« on: July 14, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
My father, Lee Bennett of Platteville, WI passed away in January 2006.  I inherited both of Dad's Kaisers, a 1953 Manhatten and his 1951 Kaiser Deluxe South Seas Edition.  Dad restored the 1953 Manhatten while I was growing up in the 70's and it was the car we took to prom, had in our weddings and have many fond memories of driving around with him.  I've decided I need to sell one of the cars and will keep the '53 and sell the '51.  I'm hoping one of the KFOC members remember this car and if anyone has any interest in buying it, please contact me directly at david943@centurytel.net.  The car is located in SW Wisconsin and has been stored safely and driven rarely.  Dad decided to replicate the 1951 Kaiser South Seas show car and spent many years and hundreds of hours doing his best to duplicate to the best of his knowledge what the car looked like.  As I recall, dad didn't have much to go on, as there were only a few pictures of the South Seas Edition available.  I've attached some pics of the car.  As far as asking price, I could use some of your opinions on what you think the current value is.  I don't really have anything to compare this car to, so any opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David Bennett

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Selling my father's 1951 Kaiser "South Seas" Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »
I saw the South Seas car in Galena, IL in 2003. Very nice.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Dave43

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »
Thank you.  I was at the show in Galena with him in 2003. 

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
I recall seeing the car at a show several years ago and marveled at the workmanship that went into the interior. If it runs as good as it looks, it would be a great car to own.

As for a price, it's very difficult to pin down just what a car like this is worth. I can tell you that the original 1951 Kaiser Explorer show car still exists and changed owners last year at our convention in Indiana. The selling price was north of $10K. Your car has to be worth that.

Dave43

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  Dad spent many hours on the interior and really wanted it to be unique and true to the South Seas concept.  I appreciate your comments.