Poll

Any body in there? Just nod if you can hear me...

x
2 (66.7%)
x
0 (0%)
x
0 (0%)
x
0 (0%)
x
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: New member to site  (Read 2116 times)

marioplumber

• View Profile
New member to site
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
Hello,
New guy here. I'm trying to figure this site out and wondering if I'm posting correctly. I am in southwest MO and have 2 '51 Kaiser 4 door specials. Not much to look at yet, but I've just got started after 19 years of delay. (Wife, kids, job, etc.) My wife and I had our first date in the one car 24 years ago. Pulled the motor out when I was young (stupidly). My wife and I got pregnant with our first boy and I put the car in storage. My son turns 20 in Nov. and is now helping me get back into the act.
Anyways... I digress. Could some of you fine people tell me what the subject, message icon, options, poll options and the rest of this stuff at the top of this page are used for? Am I even on the correct page for beginning a conversation? Computer illiteracy at it's finest here....
I'll check back in tommorrow to see how I've done and to see if an old dog can indeed learn new tricks.
Thanks in advance,
Marioplumber   

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New member to site
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »
I got this message with no problems. Regarding the voting and poll features, I didn't know they were available but I checked it out and it appears you created a poll and left the options blank.  In any case, there are plenty of folks here who can provide you with assistance in getting your car back on the road. I have to admit, I've always had a soft spot for Specials as  they were often overlooked for the more deluxe models. I always enjoy seeing a nice one.  Keep coming back for assistance when you need it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:44:11 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »
First, let me welcome you to the club, website, ect.. I have meet alot of really nice ols car folks in here. ( online anyway ). I also live in SW Mo. ( Greenfield Mo. Hope we can get together. I'll help you as much as I can. Ron... aka orphanauto.  :)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 07:25:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum. It looks like you hit "post new poll" instead of hitting "new topic" when you started this thread/topic. Plenty have done this in the past. Don't feel bad.

I've got a '51 Special as well.

I'm not in MO, but I'll be sure to help out all I can from here.

I'm sure we'd all love to see some pictures of your Kaisers. Read this if you don't know how to post up pictures: how do u post pics to site?
KFOCI #9798

Fabian 51K

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
I also have a 51 Special that is in the final stages of restoration. I have repaired, or rebuilt almost everything on the car. I probably know a few tricks that are not in the book, or I know someone that does. The club is a great place to get help and assistance.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:27:23 PM by Fabian 51K »

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
Very nice 51!  Thanks for posting!
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988