Author Topic: HENRY J DEALER PROMOS  (Read 1825 times)

51HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
HENRY J DEALER PROMOS
« on: September 18, 2014, 08:55:30 PM »
I'm gitting interested in the Dealer Henry J's promo cars and was wondering if anyone would know what colors they came in? I know that some had windup spring motors and some didn't. And where they made just in 1951 or later.
Thanks

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: HENRY J DEALER PROMOS
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
Here's mine, a 51. It's a windup with a plastic body and metal chassis. Measures about 7" long and is maroon in color. Sorry about the crappy pic!

51HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:09:59 PM »
Nice one!

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
I remember reading the promos came in 6 colors - red, blue, brown (like the one Joe posted), light green, yellow and gray. I've seen others, a dark green one comes to mind, the appeared authentic so I know there were at least that many. There were other variations, some had aluminum windows, some did not. I believe some were Banthrico and some were Lincoln Line.  Strangely enough, I do not have any of them.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:29:35 PM »
The Kaiser-Frazer dealer "regulation" was a slush-cast Banthirco.  It came in a 6 car assortment box.  For a slight additional cost, the dealer could get a decal put on them with dealers name address, etc.

AMT, Lincoln Line and one other plastic model car maker (not Cruver or Product Miniatures of Pewaukee WI) had a roughly 1 25th scale model version in plastic also.  Colors varied here too.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 08:59:38 AM »
In my travels to the Hershey AACA meet, I run across both the slush cast and plastic versions quite often. Sellers believe them to be rare so they command a premium. I paid all of $25 for mine from an auction in Tucson last spring. Apparently no one at the auction thought it was rare!

51HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 09:44:27 AM »
I had thought that I saw a black car that was a dirt track racer on Ebay a long time ago.

Jim, I would be interested in buying some if you find any at  Hershey as long is they are in good condition and not to pricey.