Author Topic: Aero Show Room Brochures  (Read 4839 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Aero Show Room Brochures
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 02:16:08 PM »
The hardest Facts Book for me to find was the '51 Frazer but there are other Dealer books that are seldom seen like the Allstate dealers book, the 1951 book "Big 5 drive" which has four letters to send to prospects for Henry J and four for Kaiser buyers.  Another Big 5 Drive book is the 24 page illustrated "Salesman's Guide".  A 1949 illustrated salesmans book called "A Winning Combination" shows how to sell the new 1949 Kaisers and Frazers.  A 1951 book was prepared for prospective dealers called ""Kaiser Frazer Presents, a Proposal for Affiliation".  A differently styled 1951 book titled "Kaiser Frazer is a Tomorrow-Minded Company.  Now You Can be a Part of This Success in green and white and black print. The 1952 version used Purple, black and white print. A similar but different styled book for 1952 illustrates the '51 Frazer, '51 Kaiser '52 Virginian and '52 Manhattan and '52 Henry J Vagabond with tail lights in the rear panel and Corsairs with tail lights in the fins and all in one book.  I only have one ad where a 1950 Kaiser Traveler and 1951 Frazer Vagabond are advertised together so there was some carryover in those years. Another 1951 dealer book titled "Kaiser-Frazer Recognizes Fleet Business is Big Business" is sixteen pages and made to stand up.  A 12"x14 1/2" hardbound book was made by the Electric Auto-lite Company titled "A Salute to Kaiser and Kaiser Dealers throughout the world". This consists of many photographs attached to hard pages of Kaiser Dealers and their Auto-lite display booths throughout the country in 1953.  Most of these books appear to be hand assembled and made in limited quantities.  No doubt that there are many more and they all add to the lore of Kaiser Frazer.  I have left out the more common Facts and Dealers books that were available to dealers and salesmen during the K-F years.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 05:01:54 PM »
Speaking of the "salute to" book, I own the "A salute to Willys" books. They are hand made and were presented to Ward Canaday on April 23, 1952 by R.G. Martin, president of Autolite. I bought them at a pre-war Willys club meet many years ago. The meet was being held at the hotel next to my office so I walked over at lunch...just in time for the auction, and ended up with the two albums.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 07:00:53 PM »
Wanna sell one of those books, Joe Frazer? Or scan them complete?
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 07:10:55 PM »
Unfortunately, the binding is so brittle that any attempt to open them flat for scanning will ruin the spine.

And they are most definitely not for sale!