Author Topic: Interior and Trunk Panel Decals  (Read 1590 times)

tplante

• 1955 Manhattan
    • View Profile
    • Email
Interior and Trunk Panel Decals
« on: November 22, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »
If anyone is interested, I have a buddy of mine that is able to duplicate DECALS for '51' thru '53' and '54''55' front interior kick panels and trunk panel decals. I have attached pictures of the '51' thru '53' but I also have the '54' '55' as well. These are decals only, you would have to put them on your existing cardboards or new ones. Just e-mail me if there is any interest.  Thanks.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interior and Trunk Panel Decals
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
If you've looked at original or correctly reproduced kick panels and trim panels, you already know that there were no decals especially looking like the samples you have pictures of.

They could be great is someone is customizing interiors but not if originality is the intent.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 03:41:16 AM »
While its true that originally, decals were not used, I think a well done decal would be a great alternative to finding usable originals. I judge at meets and most kick panels I see need replaced.

tplante

• 1955 Manhattan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 06:15:27 PM »
 I know that they were not decals originally, but the pattern I had him reproduce is near exact to the original. I was just throwing it out there for guys that are trying to restore these cars.

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 12:42:58 AM »
Long ago I made a set of panels for my '53- was a grad student with lots of free time waiting for accelerator time for thesis, so I painted the cardboard the correct black color. covered it with masking tape which I then painted the correct brown color. Then followed many hours of cutting off strips of masking tape to match the texture. Came out so close that it was hard to see any difference. Was about to repeat that process for my current restoration, but if someone could repro what I need as a decal I would be delighted to buy it.

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »
Tom, thanks for your efforts with these.  I tried to do something similar a few ago with a scanner but could not find a printer who would reproduce at a cost effective price to proceed at the widths I needed.  Likely today this is more commonplace/available.

Great job and thanks for sharing with the group.  As we all know, originals arn't available and 60 year old cardboard doesn't hold up well.

Regards, Mike
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)