Author Topic: wire harness's  (Read 1656 times)

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
wire harness's
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
Just installed a complete wire harness in the 53 2 door," It was a cake walk" Robert Mc Bride has done 2 for me now, I will never try to splice and substitute again, as it has its faults in not transferring the proper power as the car was designed 60 years ago.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: wire harness's
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 04:36:01 PM »
I had the very first harness made by Bob McBride. I bought a 53 Henry J he restored and it had his first harness. It differed from OEM in several ways. Each lead was numbered on both ends. It was wired for the Kaiser O.D relay not the Henry J and it had wiring for turn signals.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

brian.b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »
what is the price for a complete harness.
whatever you do in life,always give 100%.unless your're donating blood.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 08:47:18 AM »
I've had Bob build a few harnesses for me over the years. He just completed one for my 54 HJ and he built in turn signal wiring for me as well. The work is first rate and well worth the $450 price tag. Keep in mind, you price may differ depending upon what year and model car he's building for.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »
Bob made the complete harness front to rear "everything" numbered and a instruction sheet comes with it, (its no fail) for my Dragon and the 53 2 door i'm working on. The cost $630.oo delivered. I'm verry happy. I'm also getting up in age (84) hope i can finish this car and someone will be the proud owner of a truly Ca. car.