Author Topic: 1949 Frazer  (Read 1522 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
1949 Frazer
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »
I got a call this evening from a new member who rescued a solid 48 Frazer from the scrapyard. It runs and yard drives and he's getting it road worthy. That prompted me to look around for any other Frazers for sale and I found this one.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4853598778.html

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1949 Frazer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 08:59:56 AM »
Someone posted that one a few months back, so still for sale.  49 Frazers are my favorite. What a difference a few tweaks made.  Starting with the more substantial Cadillac inspired eggcrate grille and nice taillamps.

I have looked at these photos pretty closely.  All vinyl interior seems to imply 'standard' Frazer as opposed to Manhattan and no rocker stainless.

But I have always been a fan of copper, tan and similar shades on cars. 
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 07:01:21 PM »
I would like to see the TRIM number and the DR number on the firewall body tag.  Vinyl trim for a 1949 Frazer standard shows up in the upholstery trim swatch book for 1949's but Vinyl upholstery was reserved in Frazers for export (including Canada) sales.  The two numbers I mentioned would identify the upholstery as correct or not and if the car was built for domestic sale or sale outside the 48 united states.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 04:33:11 AM »
I think the seat inserts on this car were replaced at some point. The work doesn't look profressional enough to be factory. In addition, the exterior of the car was repainted...things that shouldn't have paint on them are painted.  And, the color isn't quite right, or at least it looks that way to me.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »
The interior looked poorly fit but I chalked that up to age.  So, if it has been repainted, with a change in interior, for collectors this is a negative.  For it being a running driving example of a 49 F, then it's OK, but then price is too high.

How does the seller arrive at his price?   For me, I just put my asking price a little higher then what I paid and almost always end up below what I paid taking a loss. 

I wonder what he paid for this car or whether he/she was willed it and just picked a price?
No old cars owned.