Author Topic: Reproduction Items Wanted Survey  (Read 5881 times)

robert korkin

• View Profile
Reproduction Items Wanted Survey
« on: April 03, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »
The quest for orphan car parts is certainly challenging, and the K-F  assortment of old iron is in the mix. I suggest the Club undertake an (annual?) en mass survey to ascertain the extent/type/yr/model/etc. needs of the K-F ownership....and would actually be purchased! This might prompt the Fund or a vendor/member to launch. Concomitantly it might also loosen the hoarder grip on the scads of "just might need" parts rat-holed away waiting for the estate yard sale giveaway by clueless relatives. A bulletin entry that suggests a reasonable asking price for typical parts would also help to retard the  prevalent creeping inflation and gouging in the hobby world.

54manhattan13

• View Profile
Re: Reproduction Items Wanted Survey
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 11:32:34 AM »
I agree. This sounds like an excellent idea.
Who will get he ball rolling?

Richstape

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »
Just a suggestion, I'd like to see some burgundy dragon vinyl made available.  Molded rubber parts seem a likely need across all product lines.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »
At our national convention last week, our fund manager outlined projects for the remainder of this year:

1. Restock 1952-55 Kaiser windshields
2. Restock Kaiser Darrin windshields
The above will cost the fund about $44K.

3. Remanufacture vent window gaskets (rubbers) for the hardtops and convertibles
4. Remanufacture trunk material for the 1951-52 Kaisers and Henry Js

If there's anything that's not currently on the list of available items and you think it should be, I encourage you to write the fund manager directly at the54darrinkid@hotmail.com.

Bobm90

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 06:18:35 PM »
I am in need of new  door weather seal gaskets (4), trunk gasket, and maybe window weather stripping for all windows for a 54 Manhattan can these be produced at a decent price?
1931 Model A Ford Deluxe Coupe
1959 Mercury 4 Dr
1958 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Dr
1959 Morris Minor 1000 2 Dr
1954 Kaiser Manhattan 4 Dr

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »
Check with Rudy Phillips.  1760 789 3608  He has much of it in his catalog.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

KaiserTom67

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 12:01:40 AM »
Hi:  Are there available new rubber seals/gaskets for the 51-55 Kaiser front and rear vent windows?  My front driver's side one on my '54 Manhattan is getting pretty badly torn up, and the others (particularly the rears) don't seal very well at all.

Also, I'm sure reproducing the '54-'55 Kaiser taillight lenses must have been bandied about at some point; is there any actual plan to do this?  I know some other plastic parts have been reproduced, and given the popularity of those particular Kaisers, I would think there would be some effort underway.

Thanks,
KaiserTom67
K5421 Manhattan, supercharged, 3-on-the-tree-with-OD

Bobm90

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:22:45 AM »
You are correct Tom, affordable 54 or 55 tail light lenses would be something I would be interested in also.
1931 Model A Ford Deluxe Coupe
1959 Mercury 4 Dr
1958 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 Dr
1959 Morris Minor 1000 2 Dr
1954 Kaiser Manhattan 4 Dr

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 02:46:43 PM »
The rear vent window rubber gaskets are available from the club's manufacturing fund. Tail light lenses are available from Rudy Phillips who is a member of the KFOCI.

If you are not a member, you'll need to join to purchase from the fund.

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »
Rear vent rubbers are available from the KF Manufacturing Fund...see your membership bulletin.

Rudy Phillips had the front vent window rubbers available in the past; check with him for current inventory.

Rudy has the left rear TL lens and also both sides of rear fender topper lenses.  The right lower has never been reproduced and is unobtanium.  If you happen to find someone who has one, expect to pay big $$$.

I have 1 of the repro LR lower lenses for sale.  Bought it as a spare for the 54 I used to own and its perfect.  $80 plus $10 shipping.

Mike
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
It looks like it has been awhile since an item has been requested...so, here it goes. Would love to see wind wing hinges for the Darrin for consideration...now there's a shot in the dark:-)
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

Troyannandivanjohnson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
We need quite a few parts for our 53 Dragon and more pop up all the time. For starters we are looking for the rubber that goes under the tail light housings and rear fender toppers, belt moldings for all door glass, the clear plastic parking lamps, the rear portion of the parking brake cable, amber fog lamps. Also looking for a speedo lense or complete speedo with a good lense, black on baige Laguna fabric and black bambu vinyl. Someone has replaced our original master cylinder with a dual reservoir mounted on the firewall where the windshield washer bottle should be. We would like to go back to the original set up and so we need a brake pedal system as well as a washer bottle bracket. Thanks! I'm sure we will be adding more