Author Topic: Support your local Kaiser in a movie!  (Read 1240 times)

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Support your local Kaiser in a movie!
« on: April 13, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »
Some of you know that my wife and I are film producers, not of the Hollywood variety but of the smaller budget kind. Our latest project is Providence, a faith based love story about Rachel and Mitchell, a couple who knows each other their entire lives but takes 40 years to finally get together. The film will be sold on DVD in stores nationwide, seen on cable channels and will have a limited theater release, along with online streaming. It's a great way to help get Kaisers in front of the public again.

I've succeeded in getting my wife (the writer and director) to write my '51 Deluxe into the script. Mitchell in his older years uses it as a daily driver and eventually drives Rachel away into the sunset after their wedding (this scene will be shot from a drone at around 100 feet). . We need to establish "teen Mitchell" as an avid old car enthusiast, so that when he shows up later driving a 64 year old car, it doesn't look unusual. What I can use from the KFOC is calendars from the late 70's and early 80's, when Mitchell is a teen. They will appear on his bedroom wall along with other old car posters and calendars, establishing him as a car guy. Ideal dates are 1979, 1980 and 1981.

With today's technology, it isn't necessary to send me the materials. Just scan or photograph your calendar (front page only) at high resolution and we'll print it out. Send your photo to me directly at fredwilharm@att.net. Thanks in advance,

Fred Wilharm

The film web page is www.providencemovie.com

Here is a candid photo taken with the Kaiser this weekend (with our "older Rachel and Mitchell" actors, Julie Tapken and Rich Swingle):

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:02:54 AM by 51Deluxe »

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Support your local Kaiser in a movie!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »
Still some post production work to do, but here is the ending shot of the movie, my '51 driving off into oblivion, just married sign on the back , taken from a drone rising to about 100 feet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfIs4N4vVEw

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Support your local Kaiser in a movie!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »
That's neat Fred. Let us know when the movie comes out!
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com