Author Topic: Just Wanted To Say Thank You To Some Club Members  (Read 2522 times)

51HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Just Wanted To Say Thank You To Some Club Members
« on: May 20, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »
I just want to tell some club members thank you for all the help they give me in answering all my questions and requests:
Fid , Lowell
AZ_HJ , Mark
Corsairdeluxe , Jim
JoeFrazer , Jim
Kaiserfrazerlibrary , Jack

Thank you all in your help. Steve

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just Wanted To Say Thank You To Some Club Members
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 10:31:34 PM »
You're welcome Steve. I hope to see your finished product some day.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 02:18:16 AM »
This is what the club is all about. Helping each other with this unique make of automobile. Is it was not for Fid and Alan in Austin when I first started to get into HJ I would have probably given up and got a 40 Ford. 
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 04:33:59 AM »
Many of us long timers own our continued association with the club to the support, ideas and help in general to people who were already in the organization.  As for myself, I joined when there were still a number of ex-Kaiser-Frazer dealers or employees still alive (like Len Serr from Germanson Motors who lived a few blocks up the street from me at one time) and provided insight and actual examples of various things from the dealership operations.

That's one reason why I created the KFOCI HANDBOOK project as we have it today on the CD.  What I knew and the materials I had were used to provide information to others coming later.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 04:44:13 AM »
I am happy to share what I know about these cars. Rolling up one's sleeves and grabbing a handful of wrenches gives one the confidence to work on a car that you cannot get in any other form. Sharing that knowledge is what the club is all about. I'm glad to help.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:09:01 AM »
My thanks to you Steve for saving one of our loved ones! The Henry J, my personal         
obsession, is a basically simple machine , but not with out quite a bit of strangeness. Those of us who have been around a while are well versed (meaning we did not have a choice) with its carburetor idiosyncrasies, that dam fool master cylinder, rusty gas tank, fuel pumpitis poorly grounded electrical components and the almost impossible to reach electrical guts up behind the dash.

We sort'a relive our learning experiences, curse words and all, each time well get to help.

I really look forward to helping out and enjoy the fellowship of the KFers
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:31:32 AM by Corsairdeluxe »
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

h-e-n-r-y-j

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
I miss both of my Henry J's as well as keeping in touch with the owners of these cars.  Always glad to help.  Still around.  Alan in Texas.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »
Alan...
O boy is it good to hear from you. We have a good thing going with this chat. Please drop in.
One of my biggest regrets is not buying your red  51. and telling everyone it was my work!

Alan's 51 beauty.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:49:11 PM by Corsairdeluxe »
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »
When Alan visited me in Socal, I got dizzy and the left side of my face went numb. I had a brain hemorrhage. Put a quick halt to the fun we were having..
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE

h-e-n-r-y-j

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 05:47:11 PM »
Jim: That was a nice trip when I visited you and Evelyn in 2002.  I enjoyed driving your Henry J around your neighborhood.  Thanks for posting some of those images of my Henry J.  I had forgotten about all of the effort I put into sourcing and installing the windshield washer kit - as well as replacing the incorrect head bolts with studs/nuts.  I never would have removed the head had I not dropped a valve keeper into the engine!!!  Those were dark days for me.  But it all ended up OK with the help of my dad, Lowell, and a few others like yourself providing the encouragement to help me through the process.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »
Good to "see" you Alan. It's been awhile. I'm in the process of replacing the clutch and rebuilding the transmission/overdrive in Edgar's car so  I can take my dad for a ride in it when he gets here in a couple of weeks. He's not doing so well - no longer able to drive but he wants a ride in  Henry J when he gets here. To those I've helped on here, we owe a debt to my dad. I learned everything I know about cars from him. He was a long time member of KFOC and had some great cars including a '48 Kaiser Custom  with factory leather upholstery - very rare.  And of course, getting Edgar Kaiser's Henry J was a high point for him. I am now the steward of that vehicle.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:18:20 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios