Author Topic: N/T  (Read 5580 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trying to Save the 1953 Willys Wagon..
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »
Please explain the "from the archives of the K-F Club" on the picture from the styling department...I've always been told there is no club archive...that's why I've spent $$$$$$$$$ over the years to build up the files I use for research.  It's been my own money from my own pocket with no reimbursement.  If someone in the club is hoarding this stuff, he or she can take over my job.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian
Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club International

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: N/T
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 06:32:22 AM »
I have attempted to write to 51henryj to clarify my earlier posting on archive materials.  The system will not deliver, so I will put it up here.

Please do not pull the pictures on the restoration of the Willys model, including the black and white of the styling department.

My concern was the caption about the photo being from the "K-F Club Archives".  I have always been told--even before I became club historian--that the club has no archive materials of its own.  If someone had a collection of material and claimed it to be club property, I know nothing about it.  The materials I have and use for research are my own, purchased, traded for, etc.  I used by own $$$$ or was fortunate enough for others to think of me through offering copies of their materials, acting as "agent" at events I could not attend, etc. 

From time to time I recieve e-mails from people believing a club-owned archive exists and want to know how to "borrow" materials.   

The incorrect assumption that the club has materials may be at the root of a situation that is now under investigation, between the club and the AACA>