Author Topic: Body hold down bolts  (Read 692 times)

shel

• View Profile
    • Email
Body hold down bolts
« on: September 20, 2015, 11:06:54 PM »
Hi all...I'm a newbee and the questions are just starting...my car is a 52 corsair deluxe
The floor area in front of the front seat for both driver and passenger had been replaced by the previous owner. Unfortunately, he didn't drill and re-install the body hold down bolts. I need the 2 bolts, but I don't know what to ask for because the parts book has no description of the body bolts other than a reference number. There are 14 bolts of 3 types according to the parts book. Does anyone know the particulars about these bolts and which go where? Does anyone have a picture of the front floor where the 2 bolts go? Is the floor dimpled? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shel

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Body hold down bolts
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
Shel, I don't have any photos myself and for all of the Henry J work I've done, I have not removed a body from the frame.  That being said, Mike H, who runs the www.henryjcars.com  website did one a few years ago and it's well documented with pictures.
You can view it here -

http://www.henryjcars.com/hjc1p1/hjcp1index.html

This will provide you with some good info.  Also AZ_HJ is doing one as well and can likely provide some good info.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios