Author Topic: Other floor mat colors available for 1951 Henry J?  (Read 1447 times)

az_scorpio

• View Profile
    • Email
Other floor mat colors available for 1951 Henry J?
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »
I have a 1951 Henry J (white) and it is all original.  Does anyone know of where you can get other colors of floor mats?  I know that the club produces the black mats but I would really like to find someone who has a beige (?) mat and would be willing to sell it.

Unfortunately, the front floor mat has cracked and driver's side essentially destroyed when they worked on the brake master cylinder from the inside.  (Unfortunately, I'm reading the other posts about how that isn't the right way. But it's too late for that.).

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Other floor mat colors available for 1951 Henry J?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »
If you are not out for originality, an aftermarket or universal would work in any color.  However, if you are out for originality (and no point deductions at judging) only black or natural grey are listed in the 1951 Illustrated Parts List book.

You should have both the parts book for your car as well as the service manual (1951-52-53 edition is best) to do a good job with restoration/upgrades/maintenance of your car.  It has more good information than a MoTor or other general manual.

az_scorpio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 07:22:45 PM »
Thank you so much.  I have an original 1951 Advance Service Information manual that I picked up at Hershey this year.  However, I've not seen the 1951 Illustrated Parts list book.  Would you be so kind as to direct me as to where I can find it?

I'm not too worried about the points or judging, but I do really like originality.  Much appreciated for your help.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 01:40:51 AM »
Its online at CIRCLEKF.COM.
http://circlekf.com/sourcequikre.php?pub=KF&typ=PM&nbr=580&pag=&action=go
Look in Body under the Interior Group

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:45:13 AM by pnw_oldmags »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

az_scorpio

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 10:32:47 PM »
Thank you!