Author Topic: Do you have papers?  (Read 2639 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do you have papers?
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:24:41 AM »
I do not claim to have anywhere near a complete set of everything put out by Kaiser-Frazer, postwar Graham-Paige or Willys-Overland, Kaiser-Willys, etc.  What I do have has been shared with members and the membership in general over the years (that's where most of the KFOCI HANDBOOK materials came from).  I know that others have their own collections of factory paperwork they've acquired over the years.  Some of you may have things that I don't have and vice versa.

Home computer technology allows scans of documents for trading as .pdf files.  Anyone interested in trading lists with me to see if we can work out trades to expand each other's collections?  If so, your list gets my list.  Interests are in the factory correspondence and information to dealers other than Service Bulletins or Advance Information Bulletins.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do you have papers? -- If so, please share them digitally!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:17:26 AM »
Hello,
I'm new again (was a KFOC member in the 1950's), and found something that might assist some others.
Enclosed is a .pdf of the 1980 Handbook published in that era.  It contains very interesting data regarding manufacturing data, door and firewall tags, paint, trim, and other items specific to all the KF cars.  I would like to have any information others may have (in digital form) regarding the two 1947 Kaiser Special cars I still have.  Please share with the rest of us if you have parts for these cars, specifically a main grill, unbroken windows, right front fenders, miscellaneous parts, etc.
Enjoy,
PS  An interesting note - all eight tires on the two cars were flat (after almost 40 years in storage in a machine shed in Kansas). However, all eight tubes inflated when we aired them, and we were able to load the car(s) on a car-hauler.  Good rubber is always a blessing, but the tires will need to be replaced. The spare tire and tube on one of the cars had never been on the ground, and it was still aired ups and looking new.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do you have papers?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:24:03 AM »
The KFOCI HANDBOOK versions issued prior to 2009 have significant gaps of information and incorrect information based on "that's what the guy told me" sorts of things.  The CD version of the Handbook (which started with Version 4.0 in 2009 and at present is at Version 5.0, released in 2013) not only fills a lot of these gaps, it also corrects a lot of the earlier errors.  It is based on a broad base of factory documents or supplier documents passed on to dealers by the factory.  It is only available to Life Members and Regular Members of the KFOCI (Associate Members do not get club publications & this is considered a club publication).  It is not for sale, but provided free as a "perk" for being a member of the Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club International. 

I handle the updates and expansion of the Handbook & as stated earlier seek copies of factory documentation (and only factory issued stuff) to fill the remaining gaps in the files so the info can go into the Handbook.

At present, I am VERY interested in finding the following materials:

1.  Kaiser-Frazer Sales Corporation Confidential Bulletins from June 1951 through January 1952, including the supplement to the bulletin announcing the 1952 Kaiser Virginian that covers paint/trim/vehicle availabilities to West Coast dealers & distributors out of the remaining Portland OR assembly plant inventory (the bulletin makes reference to such a list)

2.  Kaiser-Willys Sales Corporation Trade Letters covering the 1955 Willys passenger cars (specs, prices, extra equipment, etc).

3.  Willys-Overland dealer ordering information covering the 1952 Model year product line (Aero sedans/hardtop, station wagon, truck, jeep, etc) as well as 1949-51 Jeepster.  This would include paint/upholstery combinations offered, equipment, pricing, extra cost equipment, etc.

The idea is to not only fill gaps in the Handbook, but fill the gaps with factory information so there is no question as to being correct or not.  The Handbook on CD started because of the missing or bad information from the past & I want to fix that problem area.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 11:52:59 AM »
How do I get a copy of the CD?

FleetMaster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:11:54 PM »
If you Join the KF club CD will be part of your welcome package.
1923 T Roadster- stock
1951 Frazer Convertible
1951 Frazer Vagabond home couple weeks
1953 Packard Clipper Sedan
2 into 1 1953 Packard 8P sedans- project
1954 Hudson Hornet 4D sedan plus 2 1954 Wasp 2D sedans
1959 Rambler 6 Sedan
1961 Studebaker Hawk 289 3spd od
1964 Studebaker Avanti
1974 Avanti II

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 01:25:33 PM »
I am already a member.  How long does it take for the welcome package?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 03:54:49 PM »
New member packets are processed around the 15th of each month. Folks who join after that date will receive theirs around the 15th of the following month.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
Hello,
I wonder if my calendar is messed up.  I think the 15th has passed, and I don't have my stuff.  Please advise if there is a problem on my end, and if not, what is your plan, please?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 07:14:10 AM »
I spoke to our club secretary and she's informed me that new member packets will be sent as soon as she receives the 2016 calendars - she's been told they're enroute. She will be including the calendar with the packets rather than as a separate mailing.

Your calendar is not messed up...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:01:15 AM by joefrazer »

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 07:58:03 AM »
A friendly reminder to forum people who are also club members

There was a lot of negotiating involved in getting clearances to use some of the material in the Handbook, as noted in the Welcome Page to the material.  The information is intended to assist owners of K-F and certain Willys or Jeep branded products in restoration and maintenance as well as preservation of applicable automobile history.

For this reason, as also stated in the Welcome Page, the contents of the CD cannot be duplicated and distributed without my written permission so such activity can be tracked and verified that no money has changed hands for a copy.  Also, distribution is limited only to current members in good standing of the KFOCI.  If anyone runs off a copy of the material in the Handbook (all or part of the content) other than as noted in the Welcome Page, I am required by terms of the agreements to stop the project now & forever. (in legal terms, it's generally referred to as a cease & desist order). 

You make copies not only at your own risk for violating the copyright agreements, you also take away information from the membership as a whole. 

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 11:48:02 AM »
Jake,
I am a recently new member.
Where is my CD, please?
Can you confirm that you have sent it to me, please?
If so, what is the tracking number, please?
Jerry
PS  Please respond, please!!