Author Topic: need help decoding tags, also Thanks, Parts available also,  (Read 2661 times)

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
need help decoding tags, also Thanks, Parts available also,
« on: January 09, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »
  First, Id like to say Greetings to all ,and a happy belated new year ,
Jim G here, with a newbies first post , I recently came across, and purchased from a carolina member,a complete original Henry J, in aged but intact/doable shape, it has emblems for a corsair deluxe with it,  it is a 6 cyl (dont think overdrive)  black, with a radio, trunk, and fin mounted tail lights, park lights in grill bar extensions,  there appear to be one engine tag , and two tags on the cowl , one smaller tag  Body # 5344   4265..  The larger tag: model 534 body 4  paint 140 trim 5603, IP 32 , DR 1 ,TR 2 ,AG 39 , SCHED 42 ITEM 267  could any one assist in decoding these for me?? which contains  what is considered the serial#? or did I miss another tag? .... same car different Question?.. My plans call for altering this vehicle ..If anyone has a use for the yet to be removed parts: engine, complete, fan to end of included trans (it does move  but I havent tried a full revolution yet (day 2)it looks like it could run, radiator, radio, steering column, linkages, pedals, drive shaft , rear end assy   front seat assy (front suspension at a later date) any under hood wiring, switches, attachments, battery box ,good upper ,unsure of bottom ,probably good ,or any other odd parts that I have no need for (ask) , please contact me I'm not trying to make a mint I'd like to see these used, or passed to someone that can .. I will also be looking for a few pieces myself, (hood)  3 piece Trim around grill (simple/small style,earlier perhaps)/ and assistance from those more knowledgeable  Thanks all for reading this ,and for any assistance you can share, Regards Jim G

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: need help decoding tags, also Thanks, Parts available also,
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
Hello...yes there is one more tag. The serial number tag is mounted on the driver's door post.
Decoding your car:
5344 = 1953 Henry J Corsair DeLuxe
Body (4) = 2 door sedan
Paint (140) = Onyx (black)
Trim (5603) = Persian Gray Whitman & Burma Brown Vinyl
IP (Interior Paint 32) = Persian Gray
DR (Delivery Region 1) = USA
TR (Transmission 2) = Standard (no overdrive)
AG (Accessory Group 39) = Front wing vents, bumper guards front and rear, second horn, wheel covers, chrome horn ring, stationary rear seat, rear deck lid, 2 rear ashtrays, right hand sunvidor, front cigar lighter, vacuum booster fuel pump.
The Sched and Item number fields denote when in the run the car was built.

I would be interested in the foot pedals and related linkages and radio and associated trim.

Welcome aboard and should you need any help with other needed parts, post your wants here...I'm sure you'll hear from a few folks!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 11:20:19 AM »
hi,

The SCHED and ITEM numbers refer to the date the BODY not the car started down the body line.  There should also be two serial number tags on this car.  The first is on the driver side door frame by the door hinges.  The other is the body serial number tag and it is on the area of the cowl (by the hood hinge) where the big tag with the PAINT, TRIM and other information was.   There can be significant differences between body number and serial number as K-F built up bodies (especially in 1952-53) that sat in the storage bank until a build order came through.

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:20:38 AM »
 Thanks Joe ,
 The assist is much appreciated, I'll let you know when we get the parts you're interested in off the car (it may be a week or two..) and if there are any others that could help you or a fellow k/f member please let me know, I have no idea of "true value" so please be fair, as I will be, I dont want to discard anything usefull , as I have chased parts for other older vehicles before, myself, and always appreciate "the turn of a friendly card" so to speak , again, Thanks for the assist, Ill get back to you soon, Regards Jim

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 11:29:06 AM »
 Greetings Kaiser Frazer Library,
 Thanks too for the assist, had located the 1 on the engine, and the 2 on the cowl( little and larger ) JoeFrazer also pointed the way to the doorpost plate , again Thanks to all for the assistance, Regards Jim G