Author Topic: 1947 Frazer Spark plugs  (Read 1030 times)

rguinn1947

• View Profile
    • Email
1947 Frazer Spark plugs
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »
I recently replaced the spark plugs in my Frazer with another set of Motorcraft A7C plugs.  The  previous set had been in for a few years and the reason I replaced was due to cosmetic issues (rusty). I cannot find a definitive listing of applicable spark plugs and have relied on my Motors Book or shop manual.  When I first got involved with KF products, I remember AL7C was the norm(?). Is the A7C ok to use or should I be using another plug?
            For some reason now, just because I replaced the plugs some driveability issues have surfaced. I found some green corrosion on the distributor cap end of the wires so I replaced with a set of repro wires purchased from Carl Herring. I also replaced the cap due to some light corrosion issues.  The car had been running ok until I changed the plugs so I am confused over why it now  feels like its running on 5 cylinders under load and the exhaust seems to 'blat'.  With the help of a knowledgeable friend we rechecked the firing order, replaced a leaking plug wire and rechecked the carb adjustments.  The only other link I can think of is the coil which I have no idea how long it has been on the car. Do they tend to break down with age and engine rpm?  If that is the case, I do not find a separate listing for the coil in an autolight ignition system.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Again the car seemed to be running ok until I replaced the plugs recently and am thoroughly confused over this.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 1947 Frazer Spark plugs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:27:26 PM »
Kaisers were originally equipped with Autolite A5 plugs. They tend to foul so an A7 plug can be used. The modern Autolite match is 295. Champion J8C plugs can be used as well.