Author Topic: Newbie saying Hello  (Read 2931 times)

agnewjim

Newbie saying Hello
« on: March 28, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »
Hi all, I am a new Kaiser owner. Actually, I recently purchased 4 of them, none of which run, but were very cheap to acquire. They are complete for the most part. The first one I bought, last November, was a donation to the Towe Auto Museum in Sacramento, CA, a 1953 Kaiser Manhattan Deluxe (wide trim) with automatic and sun visor; a one-family car that sat in a garage since 1963. Unfortunately, the shifter mechanism has broken off the steering column. I may be able to fix it. It will also need a new windshield, as the current one is badly cracked on the passenger side. The second one is a '51 Traveler Deluxe (wide trim) with automatic, which I just picked up two weeks ago from a late friend's estate in Shingle Springs, CA. The steering wheel on this one is crumbling away from the metal, and it has no brakes. The final two are both '53 Manhattans (I think, haven't actually put my eyeballs on them yet) in Lodi, CA that were on eBay recently. I may use them for parts to fix up the first one I bought. I plan to go view them tomorrow, and see what will be needed to get them on  my friend's trailer. All but the first Manhattan will be stored temporarily in my friend's warehouse in Hamilton City, CA, near Chico. I am not yet a KF club member, but I do plan to join as soon as I can get all the numbers off the cars. I am new to Kaiser cars, but have been an active club member in the Sacramento Valley Citroen Club for 10 years and was President for two years, and am currently the newsletter editor for that club. I own two Citroens, a '71 DS21 Pallas and a '79 CX 2500D Pallas, which is a gray-market diesel car. I look forward to meeting you all online and in the flesh eventually at the meets. I am a late-bloomer (age 53) when it comes to old cars, so I have a lot to learn. I have taken a few community college courses in car repair but plan to take more, especially engine rebuilding. - Jim Agnew in Rocklin, Placer Co., California

agnewjim

Re: Newbie saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
I forgot to mention that my wife now thinks I have a hoarding problem... B^) - Jim

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »
Welcome Jim and thanks for contacting us.  You will find many good friends in the Kaiser Frazer Club and there is a very active chapter in Northern CA.  Be sure and join the club and the El Dorado region as the club has great publications and you will find many good sources for parts there.  '51's and '53's have many intertchangeable parts and you should be able to make a couple of real nice cars with what you bought.  Good luck and let us know of your progress.  Gordie
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Frog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
Welcome, wish i had room for more then 1. Just have a 49 frazer standard. Thankfully she's still a driver......