Author Topic: Books are Cheap on Amazon Right Now  (Read 545 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Books are Cheap on Amazon Right Now
« on: December 21, 2016, 09:29:35 AM »
I did an Amazon check the other day and saw "Last Onslaughts" at bargain prices.  One was $7.00 and most were well under $20.00.  I have an original signed Last Onslaught my wife bought me for Christmas years ago.  I might like to set that aside and get a copy I can not be as worried about.

Mueller's book was also bargain priced, no outrageous $175 or such nonsense.  I wonder if the general lack of interest in the old car hobby is now trickling down to literature.  Fewer of us read, so this might be the case.

Good time to get those rare books.

Also, has anyone ever purchased that book on the orphan car's advertisements?  I can't remember the name but it strictly has to do with independent makes advertisements after WW II and I see it under the KF literature on Amazon.

If there are only 1-2 advertisements from KF I probably would not buy but if it covers all print ads for 47-55 I would like it. 
No old cars owned.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Books are Cheap on Amazon Right Now
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
There are a couple of CD's with KF advertising.  One is  "Kaiser Frazer- a History in Advertising" and another is "Automobile Ads-The Other Guys"  They have a nice selection of ads but neither have all of them.  There is nothing like collecting the real thing!  Check out Jim Betts selection on CircleKF online.He has most of the known ads illustrated.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom