Author Topic: Aero at Barrett Jackson  (Read 1040 times)

Thomasso

• MSN Messenger - walund41@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aero at Barrett Jackson
« on: January 18, 2017, 07:31:50 PM »
Nice 52 Aero at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale this week.  Google their site.  Tom.
- 55 Willys Bermuda - 57 Ford E-CODE Sunliner - 63 Riveria - 97 Chev K10 - 99 Ford Lightening - 04 jag VDP - 1998 Jag XK8. 07 Lincoln - 08 Taurus X. All old like me.

WillysTom1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Aero at Barrett Jackson
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:53:55 AM »
  A very beautiful car! The interior looks like the same color as my 55 Custom.
1955 Willys Custom
Former owner of 1951 Kaiser Deluxe, 1951Henry J, 1955 Willys Bermuda

jbailey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:59:03 PM »
That is one beautiful Aero Ace.  The website notes the car sold for The $14,850, a little rich for my pocketbook.  That said, I imagine it would easily cost that much or more to bring a fixer upper to that kind of condition.  I also noticed in some indoor pictures, the lower body paint looks like the Riviera Grey (sorta blue-green tint), while in outdoor photos, the color is definitely a lovely darker green.  My Willys Aero Wing has the faded Blue Green color which I believe is Riviera Grey.  My car is missing the body tags, so I don't know for sure what color I have except by comparing with the 1952 paint color chips.  Does Riveria Grey paint change that much in different light conditions?  I suspect this may have more to do with variations in camera and computer electronics.  Does anybody know what the featured Barrett Jackson Willys car color was?

Thanks,

John B.
1952 Aero Wing in a Box (2dr)
1961 Chevrolet Corvair 700 4dr     

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:23:17 AM »
The car is green with a white top. There's a link to a youtube vid of the sale in the "cars for sale" thread.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...

jbailey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 10:49:37 PM »
Mark H & AlohaGreen:

Thanks for the info.  I did look at the video and the outside shot and agree the care is green with white top.  Take a look at the engine compartment and the driver's door interior photos (the Barrett-Jackson still shots, not the video) - those are the photos in which the paint looks Blue Green instead of the definite green shown in the other pictures.  I find that interesting.

John B.