Author Topic: Old membership numbers  (Read 1623 times)

Carl Eidsness

• View Profile
    • Email
Old membership numbers
« on: July 26, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »
NOT for people born after 1980.  I was a KF club member back in the 70s and recently rejoined the club.  I was thinking I'd like to have my old membership number back (Jennifer says I could if I told her what it was).  So I looked in an old membership directory from January 1980 I still had lying around.  Sure enough, there I was, but no number.  No one in the book had a number, at least not printed there.  Can anyone tell me, did we even have a membership number back then (I know we did in the REO Club of which I'm also a member), or were numbers introduced for the first time after 1980 (when)?  If numbers did exist, can anyone tell me where they could be found?

Thanks,
Carl Eidsness
1948 Kaiser Special
1959 Ford retractable hardtop convertible
1929 REO Flying Cloud coupe
1929 REO Flying Cloud sedan

DTort96646

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Old membership numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 11:02:56 AM »
Member numbers were given back in the late 60's. I joined in 68 or so and my number is 2054.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »
My old number was 3356!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
Membership numbers were assigned from day one in the KFOCI. The number, however, was never used for anything other than bragging rights. For example, my number is 704 so that tells most folks that I've been a part of this organization for some time. But, if I were to try to access anything on the club's website using it, I would hit a dead end. Like most membership systems, it's name and address that's used to tie a person to a membership.

Carl Eidsness

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 02:50:58 PM »
Great, so now I know we had numbers back then, even though they were not published in the roster/directory.  Does anyone know where those old numbers can be found?  I don't plan to brag a whole lot, but it would be kind of nice to have the number I had way back when.

Thanks,
Carl
1948 Kaiser Special

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
My number is 458. I bought parts about 5 years ago from Mike Barker and he had a list if numbers and looked me up so I know old
lists of members still exists.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 03:41:05 PM »
Our membership numbers appear in every roster that we have ever authorized up until the new computer system did not retain them.   Apparently they are not retrievable with the new system but if you want to find your number just look in any roster to see it.   New members have always been welcomed into the club with a listing in the Bulletin just as we do today. Your number should be listed in the first Bulletin that you received when you joined.  If you do not have old Bulletins they may be available on Jim Betts website.  We are working on a new on-line roster and when it is up and running you will be able to add your member number and describe the cars that you own as well.  Jim Lape, your membership number 5348 has been in the rosters for over twenty years.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:43:18 PM by Gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 08:12:29 PM »
From the departments of corrections:

Our membership system has always retained member numbers for all current and recently lapsed memberships. Members who drop and then renew some years later may not get their old number back because system routinely purges old records. Performing regular purges keeps the system up to date and moving at an acceptable pace.

In the "old days" numbers were easier to find because most, but not all, were written on a 3x5 index card that the secretary used to track membership payments. Every renewal was hand written on the card, along with an expiration date. Quite labor intensive, and prone to errors and omissions.

The online registry is up and working. I just ran a query for all members in the state of Ohio and the system returned 52 records.

Regarding my member number, 704 is correct. 5348 was issued when I rejoined after being away for about three years. Sound familiar?!

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 11:11:11 PM »
I was thinking back when Walker was doing Our Newsletter it was in with Our Address when got it in the Mail ? I joined in 78. For renewal info before I become Lifetime it was posted so You got credit when You renewed.
GB
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Carl Eidsness

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »
There was a post above saying, "Our membership numbers appear in every roster that we have ever authorized", but I have just one roster from the earlier time when I was a member, "Kaiser Frazer Owners Club, International  Membership Directory January 1980"  It is almost an inch thick but has not a single member number in it.  The only numbers connected to a member are the zip codes and telephone numbers.  I will try to contact Mike Barker and see if he has me in an old list with old numbers.

Carl
1948 Kaiser Special

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 10:54:54 AM »
From the departments of corrections:

Our membership system has always retained member numbers for all current and recently lapsed memberships. Members who drop and then renew some years later may not get their old number back because system routinely purges old records. Performing regular purges keeps the system up to date and moving at an acceptable pace.

In the "old days" numbers were easier to find because most, but not all, were written on a 3x5 index card that the secretary used to track membership payments. Every renewal was hand written on the card, along with an expiration date. Quite labor intensive, and prone to errors and omissions.

The online registry is up and working. I just ran a query for all members in the state of Ohio and the system returned 52 records.

Regarding my member number, 704 is correct. 5348 was issued when I rejoined after being away for about three years. Sound familiar?!

In looking through old rosters member #704 is registered to Charles Lape in East Cleveland Ohio.  Is that a relative?  I have rosters dating back to 1965 but probably do not have all of them.  If you can not find your membership number please send me an email with what information you have and I will try to look in old rosters to find you.  I'll need your approximate date of joining and name and city and state when you joined.  The new system is indeed up and running and I found my own listing with no problems and it contained my member number and exact date that I joined.

Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom