Author Topic: Non Member Surcharge +15%  (Read 3301 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Non Member Surcharge +15%
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:03 PM »
The $10 was a donation/contribution to help launch the program.  It was not REQUIRED to have the right to purchase parts.  That right came from being a member.  One doesn't have to prove the $10 contribution to buy parts from the Manufacturing Fund.  The 15% is required if not a member no matter how many times you buy something, and the reason the form requires your KFOCI membership number is to aid in confirming a current member.  I am sure Adam checks.  Former/non-current members have to add the 15% because, remember, the $10 was only a CONTRIBUTION, not a purchase of the right to buy.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »
The $10 was a donation/contribution to help launch the program.  It was not REQUIRED to have the right to purchase parts.  That right came from being a member.  One doesn't have to prove the $10 contribution to buy parts from the Manufacturing Fund.  The 15% is required if not a member no matter how many times you buy something, and the reason the form requires your KFOCI membership number is to aid in confirming a current member.  I am sure Adam checks.  Former/non-current members have to add the 15% because, remember, the $10 was only a CONTRIBUTION, not a purchase of the right to buy.
[/quot

I don't remember when the first time I bought parts from the Manufacturing fund was but it was many years ago.   The one time contribution to the club was mandatory at that time or you did not get the parts.  The requirement was in the Bulletin for as long as I can remember and it certainly helped the fund grow.  You only paid it once.  Now as we open our parts source to non members of the club they have the option of joining the KFOCI or paying a 15 % surcharge which is usually a lot less than the members have paid for sixty + years.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 01:39:06 PM by Gordie »
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 10:33:14 PM »
We joined KFOCI in 1977 and I do not remember the 'Manufacturing Fund' being in existence at that time.  I think it was in the talking stage at that time and Art Griffin took on the job.  I stand by the volunteer $10 contribution, the discussion should be in the Secretary Minutes in one of the older Quarterly's as it was discussed and handled during a National meet.

Gordie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 05:41:24 PM »
I picked a Bulletin at random, November 1994 and on the last page is Art Griffin's full page list of parts, "If you have never contributed to the Manufacturing Fund please add your one time only $10.00 contribution. + If you are not a member of KFOCI please add $20.00 membership".  As late as May 2017 the Manufacturing Fund still has the same $10.00 requirement in our Bulletin.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:50:36 PM by Gordie »
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »
Barbara, that wording is somewhat confusing to me.   
Does it mean that you have to be a member of the national club in order to be a member/participant in the local club?

YES

Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2019, 11:29:12 AM »
The Manufacturing Fund provides needed items that the regular mainstream parts vendors do not.  It is set up to encourage club membership by favoring members in regards to pricing. 

Exactly. The Mfg Fund has new/unused parts that no one else is selling.

The surcharge for any purchase of $300 or more would cover the annual dues for a year plus the one-time Mfg Fund fee. And the more you order, the more you save. For example, gas tanks are $485 (+shipping) for KFOCI members, and $557.75 (+ shipping) for non-members. $485 + $35 + $10 = $530 ... you keep $27.75 in your pocket AND reap all the benefits of club membership, such as our award-winning publications, fellowship, voting rights, etc.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com