Author Topic: So I know our manufacturing fund has some repro gas tanks...  (Read 1029 times)

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
So I know our manufacturing fund has some repro gas tanks...
« on: February 23, 2021, 12:25:59 PM »
But can anyone who's replaced their 51-54 tank tell me if what's shown here appears to be correct?  I confess, I have not been underneath my 51 to examine the tank...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/51-52-53-54-55-KAISER-BRAND-NEW-REPRODUCTION-FUEL-TANK-GAS-TANK-FITS-ALL-MODELS/184528573540?hash=item2af6c29464:g:st0AAOSwCFFfqW5a

The seller has 100% positive feedback, so my inference is they wouldn't screw that up by putting out a sham product.

Mostly I'm sharing this for the confirmation, and to offer another source of a much needed part for our orphaned cars...
51 Kaiser Deluxe

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So I know our manufacturing fund has some repro gas tanks...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 05:06:47 PM »
This source showed up some time ago on the FaceBook pages.  I have heard no bad reports of this product but note the listed price does not include shipping but the KFOCI one does.  The ebay ad does show 'make an offer' so offer to pay the listed price and make it free shipping, nothing to lose.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 09:04:40 AM »
I'm not in need of a new tank at this point, was more looking to verify these tanks are correct so the club would have more than one source for them.  :)

If I did need one, I'd likely buy it from the manufacturing fund stock.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »
You get a better price from the Manufacturing Fund when you take into account the cost of shipping and packaging. 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 12:29:10 PM »
You get a better price from the Manufacturing Fund when you take into account the cost of shipping and packaging.

That would be my first choice...support the fund, support the club.

But it is good to know of another possible source for the future.  Again, my real question was as to whether this was the real deal, or was this another case of an ebay seller trying to pass off a product as being suitable for Kaisers...
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 05:49:55 PM »
I don't need a new gas tank for our Henry J but I got one if needed at some point in the future.  I figure it is a good investment.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 02:41:56 PM »
It's on my list as funds allow, though I have many other parts I'm trying to amass first.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe