Author Topic: Possible re-shuffle at MATCHBOX  (Read 352 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Possible re-shuffle at MATCHBOX
« on: August 27, 2022, 11:43:44 PM »
Some months ago, Mattel Toys introduced a 1/64th scale 1952 Corsair type HJ Dragster.  It was introduced in the COLLECTORS SERIES ans was an orange dragster with side decals calling the car the "Sunset Rocket.  Since that car came out, there have been no new models released in COLLECTORS SERIES or at least have not been available in the greater Seattle WA area.  This is identified as number 06 in the series and includes an old-style matchbox "garage" for the car.

Instead, a new version of the 1952 Corsair type HJ Dragster was released in the MOVING PARTS series of models.  This is Red in color and is called the HENRY J GASSER, with Edelbrock decal and the #52 on the quarter panels.  The moving part on the car is a tilt forward front fender/hood unit.  This one is identified as FWD038 and is bubble packed on a peg hangar with no "garage" for the car.

I have noticed other sudden MATCHBOX series cancellations and replacements with other series.  As my interest is limited to Kaiser-Frazer and related product (old style Jeep Station Wagons, trucks and CJ series products 1961 and earlier) I don't know about other non K-F or Willys/Jeep related vehicles.