Author Topic: 1949 Virginian Horizon Blue  (Read 96 times)

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
1949 Virginian Horizon Blue
« on: April 30, 2024, 08:30:19 PM »
I have been thinking about this car for years. It is still available. It is in very nice shape with a few flaws in the paint. Chrome is nice driver shape, not show, but nice. Dash and steering wheel in great shape. Passenger windshield has wiper marks in it. Has overdrive. I have a 49 Deluxe I could swap for it. Just bought new bias ply tires for mine I could put on this one.

I'm not sure what the car is worth and I know worth is what someone is willing to pay. Can anyone give me some pointer on what I should consider a good price range?  It has hydraulic windows that move slow but work. Under the hood needs to be cleaned up.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 1949 Virginian Horizon Blue
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 06:52:52 AM »
Joe, we've talked about this car a couple of times. I know what the seller wants for the car and I think the number isn't too far off its value. The interior isn't quite correct and you mentioned the engine compartment needing some cleanup so there are a couple of bargaining chips in your favor.

There was a time where hardtops and convertibles commanded quite a premium over the sedans and two door cars. But, like many non "investment grade" collector cars, prices have softened as market concentration narrows.

I like the color of this car, it's unique and really adds to the hardtop's unusual construction. You would certainly have the only one at any show...including a KF convention it seems.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1949 Virginian Horizon Blue
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 12:17:39 PM »
Thanks for that. I really like the car. I want a Kaiser in my collection of old cars. Just having a time making up my mind what one. I like my 49 but it needs an interior and some chrome work. This one is not perfect but much better shape than mine.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan