Author Topic: Henry Js in this month's bulletin  (Read 1171 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Henry Js in this month's bulletin
« on: July 01, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
I had a fellow from New York corresponding with me on the internet regarding a problem he was having on his '53 Henry J. I did my best to help him but he has chosen to sell the car. I submitted the ad for him and it is listed in this month's KFOC bulletin.  If anyone is interested in a '53 Henry J, Corsair Deluxe, I think it would be a good buy. Based on what I have heard from him, I'd guess either the starter button or the wiring to it is bad... means it's an easy repair and someone could have the car running with very little effort.  Unfortunately, it's a long ways from me, otherwise, I likely would've got it and repaired it. Anyway, I hope if finds a good home.  
The other ad, for the '53 Corsair four cylinder, located in my home town of Burnsville, MN, is a very nice piece of work.  I was over at that owner's (Rob Sink) house last night helping him freshen it up a bit.  The car has had a body off restore and in my opinion, looks great.  It also runs great.  As he stated in the ad, the upholstery is not original or even done to look original, but it is done very nicely, looks period correct (not all gawdy with red crushed velvet etc. like we see in so many restored cars) and should not detoure prospective buyers.  I will be sorry to see that car go as it's only a hop and skip away from me. In my opinion, the ad sells it a bit short as it really is a great piece of work and a really nice looking example. It wouldn't take much (new dash knobs and steering wheel paint mainly) to be a great show car.  It looks really good as it is and could be purchased and driven with no work if someone chose that. I just wanted to put a plug on here for those two cars.  Let me know if you're interested in Rob's car and I'll be glad to pass on any info.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:25:13 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios