Author Topic: On the judging topic again  (Read 5962 times)

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: On the judging topic again
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 01:32:42 PM »
At one point, maybe a decade ago, we were going to put together a judging book for each model that falls under the KFOC umbrella. I had written several pages on Willys Aeros and sent them off to the committee and then the thing just kinda wilted on the vine. I like the idea of the National Convention having rigorous standards and judged cars being voluntary. I like the idea of having a book of factory standards and dealer options.

About the HJ door locks: as long as there is a lock on the passenger side, there should be no points loss. If there is an additional lock on the driver's side, and if there was never a factory option for it, there should be a point loss. If it was a factory-authorized dealer-installed item, perhaps only a half a point should be lost.

Another example would be the two-toning of a Henry J. There is a factory bulletin showing the correct way to two-tone a Henry J at the dealership. Technically, NO HJ should be two-toned, but since the factory authorized the two-toning at the dealer, then there should be a half-point loss instead of full points off on any correctly two-toned HJ's. If the two-toning is not as the factory authorized it - full points off.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 04:12:48 PM »
Can some one send me the documentation that shows that, "2 locking handles would be OK since it was a dealer available"? In all that I have seen, I could not recall seeing it listed as an 'option' that the factory authorized the dealers to do. It maybe one of the things dealers did in order to make a sale. Then the question has to be asked, if dealers went rouge and added things to make sales, should they be OK in judging at Nationals. I would vote NO.

P.S. I will have door locks on both sides. When I have it judge I will remove the driver side for that event only. I only plan to have my car judged once more.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:14:30 PM by AZ_HJ »
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 05:54:59 AM »
Some of the dealer-installed items were not run through Parts and Accessory as an accessory item (P&A Bullietns and price lists).   Check references in the Illustrated Parts Books either in section 40 or Section 30 under doors for accessory items,  They are often listed with an * for application on different models.