Author Topic: UNUSUAL ACCESSORIES FACTORY INSTALLED ON CARS  (Read 1308 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
UNUSUAL ACCESSORIES FACTORY INSTALLED ON CARS
« on: May 31, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
Lately, there's been a lot of nit-picking (some of it justifiable, some perhaps not) on what is "correct" or "not correct" on a car.  In addition to the P&A lists from that side of the company, there were periodic Confidential Bulletins issued by the factory covering items that would be installed on cars being retail delivered at the factory.  One of those items from the Confidential Bulletins was full disc wheel covers on 1951 Kaiser Specials, along with Manhattan type wheel discs on 1952-53 Kaiser Deluxe models (perhaps Carolinas as well). 

The officers and directors of the KFOCI should have made the Chief Judge compile such information AND RELEASE IT TO ALL THE MEMBERS decades ago...it's still not done today.

That's why the KFOCI HANDBOOK is the Handbook and not the judging bible (although it has a lot of good info on details).

kdar353

• View Profile
Re: UNUSUAL ACCESSORIES FACTORY INSTALLED ON CARS
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:05:31 PM »
When restoring Darrin #353 I found it had been equipped with seat belts that appear to be aircraft type belts from that era. Any info on this or where I might find out what company, material for belts (2"), color, etc. Also, the door panel is different at the rear tip of both panels. My car had a stainless steel piece that attached to the panel and screwed to the door. Was there a reason or was an inside handle part of this package? This car had the options list (Wire caps, heater, etc.) Any help would be appreciated.
Bill #353

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNUSUAL ACCESSORIES FACTORY INSTALLED ON CARS
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 07:52:42 AM »
Get me your email address.  I may have something of interest in thie and other Darrin related areas.