Author Topic: WTB Darrin distributor tach drive gear  (Read 1373 times)

kdar353

• View Profile
WTB Darrin distributor tach drive gear
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
Help!!!!!! Need tach drive gear and retainer for Darrin Distributor. Anyone know of a source or?
Bill #353

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTB Darrin distributor tach drive gear
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
So that's where those pieces go! I'm glad you reminded me, I could use those same pieces. Happy searching!

Gary.

kdar353

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Gary,
I will let you know if/when I come by a source.
Bill (#353)

kaiservagabond

• MSN Messenger - kvagabond@geusnet.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »
As I've said before, I have a source for the Tachometer Spiral driven gear.  Because of the way the spiral is made it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours just to cut the spiral part of the assembly.  I've got one that was made.  I put it on my car and hooked it to the indicator and ran the engine for 30 minutes and it worked great.  I know $150 sound high but believe me that there is a lot of work involved in machining this gear.  I don't believe there is any profit for him in this.  He's doing it at costs. He can make these on a one order request because he has it in his PC.  You can call me @ 903-268-3129 or email me kvagabond@geusnet.com.

And Bill I don't think that you need a new "RETAINER".  I see that you have you're old apart so you insert the new gear into the case be on with it.  Richard