Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this car?  (Read 9616 times)

StillOutThere

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone know anything about this car?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
This is a long or rim -laced K-F, Dodge, Plymouth style wheel.   It is carrying the Mopar style two-bar faux- "knockoff" hubcap. 
'34 Terraplane convertible coupe
'51 Kaiser Deluxe coupe
'52 Spohn Palos cabriolet
'53 Nash-Healey
'57 Chrysler 300C convertible

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
will tubeless tires work on these rims?

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »

sorry I asked about wire wheels some time before  looked it up and got the answer sorry to have brought it up again guess I am getting t senile

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 04:58:44 PM »
I can't find my roster but I wonder if this is Harvey Hedge******'s car?  I'll bet that Rudy Phillips would know.  They are both near Poway which is North of San Diego.  The car is over $17,000 now and the reserve is not met.  It must be quite a car!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »
Could be shill bids if reserve is still not met on a 53 Manhattan. Most Dragons in nice shape don't go for $17,000. If reserve was met I would not think so but a nice (very nice) 53 Manhattan should not be more then a $15,000 to $20,000 car and that would be a FRESH restoration. 
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 08:17:40 AM »
The seller believes that he has a one of a kind factory special order vehicle because "somebody tole me so" rather than having documentation of the fact.  It is known that a lot of what Fred Walker said over the years was not necessarily correct.   The car does not carry the factory code for non-standard factory installed interior (the 888 at TRIM) nor does it have a SPEC-FO number that would further indicate non factory information.   These acknowledgements  come from the seller who also stated that he has no documentation or other factory info that support the interior being factory done other than it was in the car back in 1969 when he first saw it. I have to say it is questionable on the factory done matter, unless something else turns up regarding this aspect of the vehicle.

I have to wonder if at least some of the bids reflect the uninformed who may be in for a surprise when they take it to a KFOCI meet where there is judging. 

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »
I noticed in that ebay ad that despite many of us on here asking the seller questions, not one was posted in the ad. That tells me something as usually those questions are welcomed and posted when received, especially if the seller has info to impart regarding any questions. This ad has none posted which indicates to me that the seller does not have much information/documentation on the car.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

StillOutThere

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2012, 01:39:10 PM »
will tubeless tires work on these rims?

Originally, no, the wire wheels had an inner liner flap to cover the spoke end connections and of course without the tube the air would seep through all the spoke fastenings.  Similarly all the old style riveted steel wheels required tubes.   Today, the wire wheels can be sealed up and you can get by without tubes but the sealing isn't always perfect.   The newly manufactured wheels have been trued and sealed and are quite reliable without tubes.
'34 Terraplane convertible coupe
'51 Kaiser Deluxe coupe
'52 Spohn Palos cabriolet
'53 Nash-Healey
'57 Chrysler 300C convertible