Author Topic: My love of the KF brand  (Read 1400 times)

Adam47manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email
My love of the KF brand
« on: November 15, 2012, 09:17:46 AM »
It started when i was a boy of 14 years old looking for my first car. My dad's business partner Bill Payne offered me his beautiful 49 Kiaser for 2500.00 but i hadn't saved that much yet. I tried like hell to come up with the money before it was gone but as the saying goes I was a day late and a dollar short..... Bill unexpectedly passed away and I never got to meet any of his club members but I had the quarterly magazines Bill gave to me reminding me how much I loved these cars.... 11 years later I made a barn find in Matthews NC and have dreamed of what it would be when I finished. My 47 Manhattan sadly was suffering heart failure ( engine block was cracked ) and I have searched but have not found one. So my dad gets on the internet every morning in Fl and looks for cars/parts that would get this restoration back on track, I think he wants to ride in the Frazer as much as I want to drive it!! This morning he asked me if I knew if Bill's son was on the forum because he had a small collection of KF cars and may be willing to sell one or have parts. So I ask if Mike Payne I believe was Bill's son is out there let me know.

Thanks
Adam Puentes
Adam Puentes
member #10498

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My love of the KF brand
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »
Adam
Where are you located now?  Appears to be NC.  KF parts are plentiful and should be cheap. I have a 49 6 cyl I would give you because no one wants it, but I am in Iowa.  Unfortunately the part you need sounds like a local pickup item only.

I would hazzard to guess there are several KFOCI members in your area that can provide a rebuildable core for $25 to $100.
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »
Remember that club members get free ads in the WANTED section of the KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN and that there is a significant K-F parts vendor in the Carolinas.   

It sounds like there may be better ways to chase parts for a 1947 Frazer Manhattan than you are currently trying to use, unless the car is one of the few (and I mean that literally) with Graham-Paige tags on it rather than Kaiser-Frazer tags. 

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »
Not a problem as Graham Paige made no Manhattans.  The Manhattan did not appear until March of 1947.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
Kaiser-Frazer's own production figures show a handful were produced before the last Graham-Paige tagged Frazer car types came off the production line.  Former member Glenn Wood****** from Canada looked at one of these and sent me pictures at the time showing the G-P tag on the firewall (he ended up buying a Manhattan up in Canada that was built for sale in the Dominion, complete with "2" in the DR heading).    This info is in KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 5.0.