Author Topic: Handbook version 5  (Read 2513 times)

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
Handbook version 5
« on: September 28, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
Does ant one have a clue when the new version of the handbook will be available to the membership either as a disk or possibly on line

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Handbook version 5
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »
We are in the process of finalizing a mailing list where a bulletin, the roster, and V5 of the handbook on CD will be sent in one envelope. It will happen before year's end.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
Barbara and I are shooting for mailing the Roster and Handbook together in November.  Those who get the paper version of KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN will go out with the other items.

KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 5.0 was never intended to be posted on any website by the club or any individual(s) so that people can access the info on it for free.   This material is a perk for members of the club; why should non members get the same information for free? 

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 08:11:46 AM »
Thanks for the heads up I am looking forward to getting my copy. I agree no need to put on line  it should be an incentive to attract membership

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »
If the Handbook is an incentive to membership it needs to be advertised and DELIVERED to new members as they join up immediately not years later if they still belong.   Quality Information about our Cars is an important to draw and will help us keep members.  My thoughts  ::) ;D ;D
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 09:01:19 AM »
I enjoy all the info Jim has put on line why not have it on this web site which I think is only for members?

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:13 AM »
I would be more than happy to supply content to the KFCLUB site.  We could decide which content is setup to just tease without password, and what content is with password only.  Does the KFCLUB Site have MYSQL Database and PHP support? 

I am not sure being a current KFOCI Member is a requirement to get full access to the Forum and I am not sure you want to.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:26:43 PM by pnw_oldmags »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
You don't have to be a member to post on the forum.  That's why you see some of the requests for help that get posted.

While bits and pieces could get people interested, it is my belief that posting the whole thing on a general public accessible site defeats using it as a way to get new members with a tease.  After all why should anyone pay membership dues if they can get information for free?

Regarding the comment about prompt turn-around getting out information to new members, please address this specifically to club management by email. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:20:08 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
I will be meeting with our webmaster next week at the AACA fall meet in Hershey, PA. One of the topics will be a redesign of the website and without tipping too much of my hand, I'd like to see the site segmented into a piece that would allow general access and a section requiring a password.