Author Topic: JEEPSTER SIGHTING IN SYRACUSE, NY  (Read 1197 times)

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
JEEPSTER SIGHTING IN SYRACUSE, NY
« on: October 10, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
Last week I saw a red Jeepster going in the opposite direction on a divided road, so I couldn't swing around and catch it. Today, I saw it twice, of course, in traffic. It appears to have an engine upgrade, it sounds pretty healthy and has a side pipe on the driver side! There was an older (my age!) gentleman driving it, with a big grin on his face and the NY vanity plate reads BADWILLE. Does anyone know of this vehicle? Gary.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: JEEPSTER SIGHTING IN SYRACUSE, NY
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
Dunno about that one, but my old Aero Lark that I tried to interest someone in has been stripped out and scrapped. The F-head six and tranny were transplanted into a yellow and black '49 Jeepster. But that's here in Atlanta.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: JEEPSTER SIGHTING IN SYRACUSE, NY
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
Geez! That's a solid body, at least by Central New York standards! My dad always wanted a Darrin and a Jeepster. He had a few Kaiser products including a couple Jeep wagons, one with windows and one without. Now the Darrin is here and he isn't...maybe a Jeepster or wagon in my future...Gary.