Author Topic: Monthly President's Message  (Read 59051 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Monthly President's Message
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:15 AM »
I regret to inform you that Muriel Tinsley of Murray, KY, passed away suddenly overnight. I learned of this from Sandy Fox of the Midwest Division. I have not been made aware of any arrangements.

You may remember Muriel as one of the hosts of last year's Midwest Division meet in Jackson, TN. Many of us were treated to an event in the middle of a cotton field where he taught those attending the art of "cotton pickin'".

Muriel also attended this year's convention in Gettysburg. He and his wife drove their Frazer from their home in Murray, Kentucky.

Attached are a few photos from the meet. Muriel will be missed.

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:14 PM »
I'm saddened to hear of Muriel's passing.  When I needed to replace the engine in my 54 Kaiser a year or so ago, Muriel contacted me and offered a great doner block, complete, cleaned, gone thru and painted.  Arrived in wonderful shape bolted to a special shipping pallet he built for it.  He was excellent to deal with and without his assistance, I'm not sure where I would have turned or had such a fantastic outcome.  He didn't know me but stepped up to help a club member in distress.

That was the kind of guy Muriel was.  God speed friend.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2015, 06:53:37 PM »
Beginning this month, your news bulletin will no longer be stamped with a renewal notice. Instead, our club secretary will be sending a renewal reminder via email to those with due dates at least a month out. For those who don't have an email address on file, our secretary created a very colorful postcard reminder.

To gauge the email's effectiveness, she sent one two days ago to everyone's whose membership expired prior to August of this year. In the matter of about 12 hours, 14 people renewed thru our website and several more wrote to say they've mailed payment. I'd call that effective.

Just one way we're working to build and maintain membership!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2015, 08:24:21 PM »
That's something that should have been implemented 2 years ago.  What took so long?

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2015, 07:30:32 AM »
This not only a reminder , but also shows We want & Welcome You to stay in Our Club.

Wonderful !!!
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »
Here's what the post card looks like.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2015, 01:41:35 PM »
Where's that "like" button?
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »
Here we are at almost the middle of October and I'm just getting around to my monthly message...I've had a busy few weeks!

At the end of last month, Jennifer and I attended the Midwest Meet in Louisville and my hat is off to our hosts. They did a wonderful job and kept us busy with many things to see and do in the Louisville area. If you've never attended a KF meet...or it's been a while since you have...I strongly encourage you to do so. Aside from taking in some of the local flavor, you'll also get the chance to get acquainted with some of your fellow members.

With the fall weather fast approaching, I've been working to get the cars ready for storage which sounds simple until you realize that I have five KF products to deal with. It's time consuming but when spring rolls around, it's all worthwhile when I get the chance to drive them again.

If you're one of those folks who spends the winter away from home, please be sure to contact out club secretary with your new mailing address. We want to be sure your club publications arrive on time.

Happy Halloween!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:53:01 PM by joefrazer »

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2015, 08:11:30 AM »
An Addendum to my monthly message - per our club constitution, any proposed changes to our constitution must be received by the president (that would be me) no later than January 1. So, if you have a proposal, please put it together and send it my way before the first of January so that it can be included in the 2016 convention's business meeting agenda.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »
For November, I was going to mention the weather turning for the worse...but here in Ohio that has yet to happen. Today, we saw a high temperature of 64 degrees, definitely not common for this time of year. Thanks to the good weather, I've been able to get more work done around the yard and barn and with any luck, I'll have everything done by the time the snow does fly.

As we near the end of the year, we're getting ready to send the 2016 club calendar to everyone who is a current full member. In addition, a new edition of our club magazine, the Quarterly, will be mailed as well. The magazine includes a section devoted to a hard copy roster. Look for both in your mailbox some time in the month of December.

Speaking of memberships, our club secretary has been hard at work following up with those whose memberships have expired. Attached is a photo of the face of a post card she had produced that's being sent to those with expired memberships going back several months. Her other post card mailing, reminding folks of their pending renewal has met with great success. I'm sure her campaign to bring back some of those with expired memberships will garner positive results as well. If so, she's going to be a very busy person!

Lastly, for those in the US, our Thanksgiving holiday is just a few weeks away. I'd like to wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 26, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »
For some reason, my president's message was not included in the December issue of the monthly news bulletin. So, I'm inserting it here.

With the holidays fast approaching, I'd like to take a moment a wish everyone a healthy and happy holiday season. The entire executive office team wishes you a prosperous 2016.
To date, I've only received one proposed change to our club's constitution and by-laws. If you have a change you'd like included for discussion at the 2016 convention, please send it to me no later than January 1.
It was recently brought to my attention that persons not associated with the KFOCI have been reproducing and selling images of our logo and other club manufactured items. In this instance, it is the Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club aluminum license plate plaque that is now appearing as a metal wall sign. From what I've been told, the club has no trademark or copyright on file for anything we now, or have in the past produced. If this is true, should the club copyright items we produce for our members? Let me know what you think, your opinion is valued.
Again, best wishes for a happy holiday season and we'll see you at a meet in 2016!

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2015, 01:27:27 AM »
I hope this is not what is being sold as a wall plaque!
These were the 2014 Convention Trophies.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2015, 08:13:36 AM »
Here's the plaque I am referring to. It's an aluminum casting that was done in the 1960s before the club's name was updated. The attached image is of the sign being reproduced.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2015, 01:44:09 PM »
I think that we should send warning letters to people who pirate our club material whether we have a copyright or not.  They do not know if it is copyrighted but they don't want problems either.  Most of these people are small time opportunists who are just trying to make a buck from some one else's good ideas.  Years ago someone was selling copies of our written KFOC Handbooks on eBay.  We really don't want anyone using or publishing our material that is not doing a project for the club.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
KFOCI should DEFINATELY copyright our name and logo, that is, if Kaiser Industries doesn't have claim to it. The Divco Club of America has a copyright on anything Divco since the company is no longer in business. No one is allowed to duplicate the Divco truck logo without going through the DCoA. We should have a similar situation. I'm not sure if the Divco truck image is included in the copyright or if that's public domain.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.