Author Topic: Automodello 1:24 Kaiser Darrin Model Announcement  (Read 1605 times)

Automodello

• View Profile
    • Email
Automodello 1:24 Kaiser Darrin Model Announcement
« on: February 10, 2015, 08:42:19 PM »
Hello,

While there has already been some discussion on this Forum about our intent to do the 1954 Kaiser Darrin, I thought it best to start a new thread with correct information gathered from a few key participants on this Forum and from our own sources.

Automodello is the model manufacturer whose corporate parent is Diecasm, LLC www.diecasm.com/kaiser/.  Automodello released our first models in 2010 in 1:43 scale, this was followed in 2012 in 1:24 and this year we'll release our first 1:12 scale.  In 2012, Automodello's 1938 Packard Twelve Convertible Victoria won "Model of the Year" and was the first 1:43 to ever do so; then in 2013 the 1935 Duesenberg SJ Speedster Mormon Meteor in 1:24 won "Model of the Year". 

Automodello entered 1:24 when both Franklin and Danbury mints were still operating.  Although they are both gone, Automodello remains commited to 1:24 scale with our resin cast, premium specification curbside models. 

The core team fueling Automodello includes: Raffi Minasian, director of design & development was Franklin Mints creative director for 10 years; Matt Boyd, editorial director; Jay Mueller, web and graphics; Rich Sufficool, image photography; and Jim Cowen, everything else.  In addition, we work with Technical Advisors around the world including Geoff Hacker.

When I put my collector hat on, as I started as a model collector before starting Diecasm, I want to only buy one model instead of two.  So when there is a convertible most manufacturers will create two curbside models: one with top up and a 2nd with top down.  Automodello instead will create one model with removable tops included.  For the Automodello Kaiser Darrin you'll be able to display it top up, with boulevard top and top removed for all the models.

The editions are:
  • AM24-KAI-DAR Standard Edition build of 299 in Champagne with red top/interior @ $299.95
  • AM24-KAI-DAR-TE-PT Tribute Edition build of 54 in Pine Tint with matching top/interior at $354.95
  • AM24-KAI-DAR-TE-RD Tribute Edition build of 54 in Red Sail with black top/interior at $354.95
  • AM24-KAI-DAR-TE-YE Tribute Edition build of 54 in Yellow Satin with black top/interior at $354.95
  • AM24-KAI-DAR-EE Enthusiasts Edition build of 14 in Robin Egg Blue with black top, white seats and black carpet as delivered to the Kaiser family at $454.95
PreOrders and Diecasm Payment Plan PreOrders are now available on the www.diecasm.com/kaiser/.  For PreOrders received prior to March 31st 2015, Diecasm will include free shipping in the continental US and $25 flat-rate shipping for rest of world; adjustment to be made after order is processed; enter KFClub in Comments during Checkout.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jim Cowen, CEO
Diecasm, LLC / Automodello
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:48:02 AM by Automodello »

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Automodello 1:24 Kaiser Darrin Model Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 03:44:01 PM »
These will probably be very beautiful models but I don't understand the $50.00 price difference if you wand a different color other than their standard color.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Automodello

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Automodello 1:24 Kaiser Darrin Model Announcement
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 12:44:21 AM »
The build quantities determine the price differential.  The Tribute Editions are only 54 pieces, so the costs are spread over fewer units.  Same is true for the Enthusiasts Edition which is spread over only 14 units.