Author Topic: 1951 Kaiser Frazer and Henry J commercials.  (Read 1018 times)

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
1951 Kaiser Frazer and Henry J commercials.
« on: February 21, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
Don't know if y'all have seen these before, but here they are.

http://www.tvraaca.org/henryj1951i.htm
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1951 Kaiser Frazer and Henry J commercials.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 08:56:33 AM »
The commercials are from the ELLERY QUEEN series aired on the Dumont Television Network and stations in selected non-network cities.  Kaiser-Frazer paid for the production cost of the show, dealer co-op ad funds paid for the air time and other station to station charges in the cities the show aired.

The title of the particular episode is MURDER TO MUSIC and can be found in many collections of early TV shows dealing with crime or detective themes.  The other ELLERY QUEEN episode floating around is "The Circus Murder" which goes by other names depending on what outfit is releasing the program in their collections.  It stars the original Ellery Queen actor (John Hart) who died at the end of 1950 of a heart attack; Lee Bowman took his place in the lead role for the balance of the K-F sponsorship.  The John Hart episode has opening sponsor billboard (with a 1951 Kaiser on residential streets) but no commercials (at least not on my copy).

I have over 20 K-F and Willys commercials running from 1947 to 1959 (for various Jeep vehicles).